Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Unable to register, add or remove users

Retired-George
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

We’ve created this thread to help with online problems that may occur when registering, or managing your Sure Signal.

You need an online account so you can register and manage your Sure Signal.

You’ll receive a text as part of the registration process, which contains a security code. This code is only valid for 20 minutes.

We understand that if you own a Sure Signal, you’ll most likely have little or no coverage, so we recommend you register online when you know you’ll be able to receive the text.

Business customers:

If you’re a business customer you can’t register this via My Account and you need to visit Sure Signal for business. Just click ‘Register a Sure Signal’ and enter your company name as the owner and your mobile number as the administrator - this way you can still make any changes needed.

Consumer customers:

You’ll receive a text or email to confirm that the Sure Signal is fully registered.

Please note that problems can occur, if the number that’s registered as the Owner of the Sure Signal, is different than the main number registered for online billing.

Check for planned maintenance:

Check the forum for any planned maintenance. If there is, this will be announced at the top of the Sure Signal forum.

Planned maintenance can involve changes to the registration system, so wait for this to complete and then retry.

Pending active:

If your online account shows the Sure Signal as ‘Pending Active’, then post in this thread and we’ll look into it further.

All other issues:

If you have any other problems with your Sure Signal registration or management, just post the details below. We’ll need the following:

• Exact error message
  • Step by step instructions for how to recreate the issue
  • Operating system
  • Browser and browser version

Thanks, 

Jenny

848 REPLIES 848

Anonymous
Not applicable
... and ... NO ... IE access to the VF web-site is also screwed up completely. YARRRGHHHHHHHHH

Hi Michael_WP7

I'm sorry to see you're still having issues with this. :Sad_face:

We can look into this, and escalate if necessary, for you. We will need to access your account details firstly, so if you can use the same contact information as posted earlier:

Please copy the template below, and paste it into our Contact Us form
Please use the subject line "EFT135 Sure Signal Pending Active" and fill out all questions as completely as possible.

– Your mobile number or account number:
– Your alternative contact number:
– Full Name:
– The second and fourth digit of your security code:
– Address including post code:
– Date of Birth:

- Mobile Number(s) Affected
- Sure Signal Serial Number
- Status of Lights on Sure Signal (Please specify if light is solid of flashing in Description)

Once we have have received this, we will be able to assist further.

Regards

Trev

eForum Team

Anonymous
Not applicable

Afternoon all.

It's been just on a week now since I first ran into problems ...

It let me go through the initial registration process and add my main mobile number (which is the same main one as on my VF account) ... and hey presto ... an hour later my phone switched from my local cell mast over to SureSignal - and it's working brilliantly!

BUT - I've since run into that old gem "pendingActive" - just like so many other users. I'm now at the end of my tether with trying to email/phone/email, etc, to get this sorted out.

To cap it all, once again my local cell mast was off-air all yesterday - meaning only my own phone had any signal - and only as long as I was in range of the box (but of course!). [At least I seem to have VF paying me to use their service for the last 3 months as I get a nice £20 credit each time the cell mast is down!].

The problem is that I am unable to register any of my other vodafone account handsets to my S/Signal - which is absolutely vital for my work in Mountain Rescue.

We simply can't keep relying on landline calling to organise 999 emergency call-outs for our team and then to run an operation ...

PLEASE CAN VODAFONE HELP ME GET THIS SORTED A.S.A.P?

SERIOUSLY - IT MIGHT JUST HELP SAVE SOMEONE'S LIFE!

Thanks,

Paul Mann

Kinder Mountain Rescue Team

Hayfield, High Peak, Derbyshire

PS: I've submitted the usual requested email form with all my details several times now ... I'm happy to go through it again if it might actually get it sorted out once and for all.

Hi KMRT- Paul

I'm disappointed to hear that you have had this happen; as you're a member of the mountain rescue service I can understand the imperative to have a working service.

I've tried to search for your registered email address to track down these emails. However I am unable to find anything from your registered eForum address, did you use a different email? This might explain why you haven’t had a reply or why I cannot find your emails.

To be able to help further, I've sent you an email that will route back to our channel. If you can reply back with the details we need I will look into it for you.

Thanks
BenJ
eForum Team

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi again - Any progress please?  Am desperate to get this box working ASAP.

Thanks,

Paul

Hayfield, High Peak, Derbyshire

Anonymous
Not applicable

T H A N K Y O U   T H A N K Y O U   T H A N K Y O U

Was woken up at 5am this morning with an SMS advising that my S/Signal is now properly active.

Sure enough, I'm now able to add other critical numbers to the users list.

Thanks to those at VF who've helped sort this out.

Regards,

Paul Mann

Hayfield, High Peak, Derbyshire.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for your direct email BenJ - I have replied back with the requested details.

I did use the same registered email address, so puzzled why nothing has shown up for you - hey ho, the joys of t'internet!

Would it help if I hold my hands up and state that I do work professionally in I.T around IP networks and VOIP all the time, so if you need me to try anything technical with my router/firewall settings, I'm happy to do that for you (I  always make firewall backups before any changes anyway, so happy to try anything out!).

Regards,

Paul Mann

Hello

Just tried to complete the form as requested and got the message

Error:The page you are trying to access is not available. Please contact the administrator for more details.

Now even less happy

I cannot get the webpage to allow me to register the sure signal device I received today. I keep getting a message stating that there is a technical problem, i've tried about 9 times so far with no luck and it locks me out for 10 minutes after each 3 tries.

I enter the serial number, sure signal name, postcode, sure signal floor level, then click add users, or submit without adding users and get the same message every time.

Serial number is 40111627689

Hi,

I have been trying to get my Sure Signal registered for two days now, but haven't been successful, could you look at it please?

The error I am getting:

Sorry we are not able to process your request because of following errors in your form.

• Sorry, we're having a technical problem at the moment. Please try again in a few minutes

The "Sorry' sentence is a link, which points here:

https://online.vodafone.co.uk/VF_Family_Portal/producer/wsrp-wlp-ext-1.0/markup#

Which gives me this nice error page:

Not Found

The requested URL /VF_Family_Portal/producer/wsrp-wlp-ext-1.0/markup was not found on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

The serial number of my SureSignal is:

Thank you so much for  your help,

Domonkos