Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Unbelievable and pathetic

moestavern
2: Seeker

My phone developed a fault (audio when calling and receiving) and I'm 8months in to my contract so the iPhone is still under warranty.
Phoned vodafone to say about this which then they instructed me to go to the closest voda shop and I will have it repaired or exchanged at no cost.
Week later email to say the phone was repaired and to pick it up (25miles closest voda shop to me).
Came home tried phone and same problem, hadn't been fixed at all!!!.
Go back and same procedure but this time they said they will probably replace the phone. Another week goes by and email saying phone is ready and repaired.
Bring it home and surprise surprise it don't work.
This time I go mental on the phone and now I'm promised that if I take it bk 1 more time it will 100% be replaced within 3-4 days. Ok waited 4 days and had email saying phone is ready and it's been repaired.... I thought, repaired????? I ##~## new before leaving it was going to be my old phone waiting for me unrepaired, and it was!!!!!!.
I phone vodafone and was told by an advisor that after yr phone has been returned 3 times I cannot return it again as it's coming back as the status "fixed". Bare in mind I told him on the 3rd time I even tried it in the shop with the people behind the desk and they just shrugged their shoulders, advisor on the phone told me to dial 54321 and sell the phone back to vodafone for £128 and buy something else. You couldn't make this crap up, I said £128 won't buy me a iPhone 5s unless it's second hand. But that's besides the point. What a cheek of a company, can not wait to leave this sorry ##~## of a company.
Eventually got through to a team leader on the phone who last Friday said they were sending a new phone out to me, today is Monday and I phoned 191 and asked is there a phone being delivered to me today? He said the person who's dealing with your case is not working this week but he will phone me back.
Honestly what a pathetic service...

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

drey_p
16: Advanced member

HI there

Have you considered paying a visit to your local Apple store?  Make an appointment with a Genius and have them look the device over.  They may be able to sort out the issue for you then and there.

PWIAC

View solution in original position

8 REPLIES 8

Nabs
17: Community Champion

@moestavern If you are getting nowhere with Vodafone you could try going directly to an Apple Store. They tend to replace faulty phones rather than sending them away for repair so you would more likely be resolved in the first visit.

drey_p

HI there

Have you considered paying a visit to your local Apple store?  Make an appointment with a Genius and have them look the device over.  They may be able to sort out the issue for you then and there.

PWIAC

BandOfBrothers
Hi

Sounds like you've had an awful experience.

If you have a local  store you could have booked an appointment via https://www.apple.com/uk/retail/geniusbar/ and if the iPhone was not repairable they would typically swap it out instore even if you didn't source it through them.

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

moestavern
Looks like I'll have too, but it's 60miles away 😕

BandOfBrothers
Hi

Use this link https://www.apple.com/uk/support/iphone/repair/other/ to start a service request.

 may arrange for the iPhone to be sent to them.

Current Phone  >

moestavern
Ok thanks

moestavern
Think I'd rather go, after all, they have had the phone 3 times for repair and saying there is nothing wrong with it when clearly there is, why they didn't want to change or repair it is beyond me, the phone is only unusable on loud speaker as regards phone calls. It's beyond pathetic how this can happen.

BandOfBrothers
Ok.

I wish you the best and hope for a reasonable outcome.

Current Phone  >