main_icn_My_Vodafone main_icn_Search main_icn_Chevron_right main_icn_Chevron_down main_icn_Close main_icn_Menu social-facebook social-google-plus social-linkedin social-twitter social-youtube main_icn_Community_or_Foundation main_icn_Location main_icn_Network_signal

This is a locked archive and content on this page may no longer be up to date. These posts and threads have been archived for reference only.

Archive

Using Reward points in part payment

SOLVED
View solved solution
Highlighted
2: Seeker

Can Reward Points be used toward cost of new phone? I know I could get Amazon voucher and buy phone from them but they don't have phone I want and Vodafone does.!

View more options
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
17: Community Champion
Hi

As per http://m.vodafone.co.uk/mobile/welcome/getting-something-more/freebee-rewardz/ Yes.

"Each time you top up £5 or more, we’ll send you a Rewards code which you can enter online or by text. So why not log in to check your balance and see what the latest rewards are? You could collect enough for a new smartphone or accessory, or vouchers for your favourite high-street store."

Current Phone > Samsung Note 10+ 5G _256Gb > Model: SM-N976B.

Samsung One Ui  / Pie.

Samsung Gear s3 Frontier Watch.

View more options
4 REPLIES 4
17: Community Champion
Hi

As per http://m.vodafone.co.uk/mobile/welcome/getting-something-more/freebee-rewardz/ Yes.

"Each time you top up £5 or more, we’ll send you a Rewards code which you can enter online or by text. So why not log in to check your balance and see what the latest rewards are? You could collect enough for a new smartphone or accessory, or vouchers for your favourite high-street store."

Current Phone > Samsung Note 10+ 5G _256Gb > Model: SM-N976B.

Samsung One Ui  / Pie.

Samsung Gear s3 Frontier Watch.

View more options
Community Champion (Retired)

@SuperBob

Have you gone to https://rewards.vodafone.co.uk/index.php and logged into your Rewards from there? You'll be able to see exactly how many points you have, and what you can use them for.

There are some specific phone offers, where you get a voucher which has to be exchanged for a particular phone, and there are Vodafone store vouchers, where the value of one voucher (only one per transaction) can be deducted from any purchase made in a Vodafone store. If you go for the first type of offer, do make sure first that a store convenient for you actually has stocks of the phone you want. 

View more options
2: Seeker

I was actually asking on behalf of my daughter dhe wants a new phone (a Nokia Lumia) and has 2,700 reward points. She thought that maybe she could use those points toward the cost of it. After all, she could get a £25 Amazon voucher so the points ought to be worth £25. If not then it's likely to be Vodafone's loss as she would be sorely tempted to get her phone elsewhere and 'spend' her Rewards somewhere else. However judging from the replies I have had so far she would be better to do just tha t! Not very logical is it?

View more options
Community Champion (Retired)

@SuperBob

I started by thinking that you might have misunderstood what I was trying to say. If your daughter has 2700 points, she can convert 2500 of them into a £25 Vodafone voucher, which she could then use towards a phone sold by Vodafone. I have found a further link - https://rewards.vodafone.co.uk/catalogue - which enables you to browse the currently available Rewards without logging in.

Then I thought further, and perhaps you were saying that she wanted to buy online? In that case the Vodafone voucher won't do the trick, as it has to be used in a Vodafone retail store. I'm not sure of the logic behind that restriction, tbh, but I guess there must be one.

Which Nokia Lumia? Vodafone currently offers the 530 and 635, according to the online shop. And both of those (models locked to Vodafone or SIM-free) can be bought from Amazon, at prices that seem to depend on colour. SIM-free is more expensive, as that doesn't attract the network's subsidy, and the price difference is usually around the £20 that it would cost to unlock the phone.

Hope this helps?

Annie.

View more options