Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Vodafone Chat 655

stuharris63
4: Newbie

recently purchased a Vodafone Chat 655 whilst on holiday in Torquay to replace my old phone.

However having trouble with it, text messages can take up to 6 hours to come through. Phoned customers servces and they said that text messages can take anything up to 3 days to be received which i feel is ridiculous.

Having similar problems with receiving calls now, friend phoned on the landline to say she had been trying to contact me on my mobile, but she said it just went to answer machine.

Checked my phone, full signal, answer machine set to come on after ringing for 15 seconds, so tried to ring myself off the landline, straight to answer phone. swirched phone on & off again and seemed to work ok again after that, until earlier this evening when it started to play up again.

Anybody any advice please.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi,

Thanks for the advice. Tried the Network Troubleshooting guide. It said to look at some of the settings on my phone.

Whilst looking i noticed my phone was set to Auto under Network service Selection. I tried changing that first to 3G aand there was very little signal here, then to GSM/GPRS where there is full signal.

Decided to leave it on GSM/GPRS and since then, over a week, no problems.

Thanks again

Stuart

View solution in original position

4 REPLIES 4

drey_p
16: Advanced member
16: Advanced member

Hi there

Do you have access to another phone that you could put your SIM card in - this will help to narrow down if the issue is with the handset or a fault on the network. Have you tried it in a different area to see if you have the same issue?It may  be an idea to complete the steps in the Network Troubleshooting Guide and post your results back here so that the eForum Team can investigate the issue for you.

PWIAC

Hi,

Thanks for the advice. Tried the Network Troubleshooting guide. It said to look at some of the settings on my phone.

Whilst looking i noticed my phone was set to Auto under Network service Selection. I tried changing that first to 3G aand there was very little signal here, then to GSM/GPRS where there is full signal.

Decided to leave it on GSM/GPRS and since then, over a week, no problems.

Thanks again

Stuart

julia_hal
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hello I'm looking for a pc suite for vodafone chat 655w but I can't seem to find it. :Sad_face:

If you go to www.vodafone.com/vodafonechat you will now find the PC Suite has now been put on the website. 

I myself am still waiting for the Vodafone Chat 655/655W Software Upgrade Tool to be put on so I can check for any upgrades to the phone's software, and this for the PAST TWO WEEKS with nothing back from vodafone or anyone else.

I am about to post it again.