cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Vodafone Connect Router IPSec VPN - Anyone got it to work?

lyonsj400
4: Newbie

Dear all,

The Vodafone connect router supports IPSec VPN apparently. In Expert Mode: Settings - Configuration - VPN Settings. Anyone got it to work? There are two fields missing for encryption algorithm and hash algorithm so I presume there are some defaults set which we can't see. No idea why. Another c**k up. Anyone know what these defaults are?

@Vodastaff, don't ask me to contact technical support and don't give me a chat URL. Already been there. They haven't got a clue. They don't know how to spell VPN.

13 REPLIES 13

Hi how are you passing the traffic through to the router behind Vodafones? Many thanks

Hi lyonsj40, can you please advise how you got your router behind the Vodafone one to work? I am trying to set up an OpenVpn on my Lynksis dd wrt but I can't get connection at all (even without the VPN on). I am no expert on these things but I did not have this issue when I was with Sky so I pressume that there is something in the Vodafone router that is not letting me to connect.

Many thanks

Hi lyonjs400, can you please advise how you got your router behind the Vodafone one to work? I am trying to set up an OpenVPN on my Lynksis but I am not able to get connection at all (even with VPN options off). I am no expert but I didn't have this issue when I was with Sky so I pressume that the Vodafone router is blocking something.

Many thanks

Sorry for the late reply guys. I don't come to this forum anymore as I finally got my username and password after months of cursing. I hear that the policy has changed now and as long as you have an Openreach approved router, VF will give you your details too. As far as your query goes, you need a default route on your own router pointing to the VF router. The VF router is connected to the Internet. The VPN settings are then configured on your own router. The IP network between your router and the VF router can be anything in the private ranges. I used the following:

INTERNET ---- VF RTR ----  192.168.1.0/30 --- TP-LINK --- 172.29.1.0/24

The VF router doesn't block anything as long as traffic is sourced from the inside of the network. Any further queries, let me know. Happy to help. As I said, you're better off trying to get your PPPoE login details and use them on your own router now.