Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Vodafone Online Services - Corrupt VMC Lite Zip File

tomagion
Not applicable
Just tried to download the latest VMS Connect Lite software from your web site at http://www.business.vodafone.com/site/bus/public/enuk/support/10_productsupport/laptop_connectivity/... using the 3rd link down, i.e. http://www.business.vodafone.com/download/getFmlDoc.do?docId=f7bf0c1c-19f2-429b-b98c-95e857852cd2 for my Huawei E172 USB Stick Modem.

I tied several times and WinZip reports that the zip file is corrupt each time. I use WinZip 12.1 BTW.

I'm trying to do this over the 3G network and do wonder if the 'network optimisation' software is the culprit.

Can you please check to see if the ZIP file is corrupt? and confirm network optimisation isn't causing a problem?

Regards,

Peter Loader.
4 REPLIES 4

Retired-Andy_V
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)
Hi tomagion

Firstly I would like to offer you a big welcome to the eForum.

I have just tried this now with one of our test laptops and the file downloaded straight away. Can you try it again for me and see if you still get the error?

Cheers

Andy H
eForum Team

daveastra
13: Advanced Member
Hi tomagion

Firstly I would like to offer you a big welcome to the eForum.

I have just tried this now with one of our test laptops and the file downloaded straight away. Can you try it again for me and see if you still get the error?

Cheers

Andy H
eForum Team

hi andy_vf, tried to download the E220 verison (v3?) for my mates laptop on saturday, and downloaded all ok, then windows said the .zip was empty!!!

tomagion
Not applicable
Hi Andy,

Thanks for the Welcome 🙂

Just retried this using my E172 USB Stick Modem (I'm having to use VMS Full 9.3, which isn't recommended for E172) and still get the same result. I click on the download link and either select save or open from the pop up menu. IE8 downloads the file and when the zip is opened I see a WiZip error message "Cannot open file: it does not appear to be a valid archive. If you downloaded this file, try downloading it again."

I mentioned the Vodafone Network Optimisation software might be the culprit because if there are any images in the zip they might be being 'optimised', which would break the zip files CRC checksum and cause the archive to appear invalid. Of course it might just be a broken zip file.

Obviously a similar problem for the E220 version of the VMC Lite as well when reading the last post from daveastra.

Cheers

Pete.

Retired-MattJ
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)
Hi daveastra,

If you have downloaded the ZIP file from the Mobile Broadband modem then there will be a compression issue, that’s being looked into already.

The way around this is to download the file from another connection, once you have the file you’ll be flying!

Did you know you can keep up to date with the amount of data your using each month by monitoring your usage in My Account? Just register and log in, you’ll see an option for My Bills, click on that and all the data will be there ready for your digestion! So there really is no need to contact customer services any more! :D

I am sure that helps. :D

Matt
eForum Team

P.S. I am constantly looking for your views on the way I interact with customers, I will use any feedback you give me to develop and give a better interaction with you guys and gals. So any feedback you could give me would be brilliant. it will only take a few minutes to complete this survey! :D

Thank you!