main_icn_My_Vodafone main_icn_Search main_icn_Chevron_right main_icn_Chevron_down main_icn_Close main_icn_Menu social-facebook social-google-plus social-linkedin social-twitter social-youtube main_icn_Community_or_Foundation main_icn_Location main_icn_Network_signal

This is a locked archive and content on this page may no longer be up to date. These posts and threads have been archived for reference only.

Archive

Vodafone Ultra 7 - problems receiving texts from iphones

SOLVED
View solved solution
Highlighted
3: Seeker

I've just changed phones from an iphone 4s to the Vodafone Ultra 7. For some reason I'm not receiving text messages from anyone with an iphone.  I can message them, but when they reply I'm not receiving the message.  I can only think that their phones still think I've got an iphone as I kept the same number and are sending imessages?  Any idea?

View more options
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
17: Community Champion

Hi,

You may need to use this. 

https://selfsolve.apple.com/deregister-imessage

"Deregister iMessage
You may need to turn off iMessage if you are now using a non-Apple phone and can't get SMS or text messages someone sends you from an iPhone."

Current Phone > Samsung Note 9 _512Gb > Model: SM-N960 Hybrid-Duos.

Samsung One Ui  / Pie.

Samsung Gear s3 Frontier Watch.

View more options
3 REPLIES 3

Hi,

You may need to use this. 

https://selfsolve.apple.com/deregister-imessage

"Deregister iMessage
You may need to turn off iMessage if you are now using a non-Apple phone and can't get SMS or text messages someone sends you from an iPhone."

Samsung One Ui  / Pie.

View more options
3: Seeker

Great, thank you.  Just charging th old iphone, so will give it a go tomorrow!! many thanks.

View more options

You're very welcome. 

Samsung One Ui  / Pie.

View more options