main_icn_My_Vodafone main_icn_Search main_icn_Chevron_right main_icn_Chevron_down main_icn_Close main_icn_Menu social-facebook social-google-plus social-linkedin social-twitter social-youtube main_icn_Community_or_Foundation main_icn_Location main_icn_Network_signal
Menu Toggle

Welcome to Vodafone Community

Archive

iphone 4 - completely dead

1: Seeker

hello all

my iphone 4 was fully charged....the morning alam went off....and an hour later it is now completely dead, won't charge, switch on or off - help!

thanks!

View more options
6 REPLIES
17: Community Champion

Hi,

First thing to establish would be if it's a problem with the charging connector on the phone or the USB charger itself. You can do this if you've got a secondary charger, if not got one / can't borrow one from a friend it's be to visit a Vodafone store where they'll be able to test this out for you.

If it still won't charge then you shoud be able to arrange a repair in store.

Vodafone customer since 2004. Attempting to help where I can on the Community

View more options
17: Community Champion

Have you tried a hard reset? press and hold the sleep and home buttons for 15 seconds or so until you see the Apple logo. This normally cures most problems and is the equivalent of re-booting a computer.

Jeffkinn_Sig.png

View more options

ola

holland_claire wrote:

hello all

my iphone 4 was fully charged....the morning alam went off....and an hour later it is now completely dead, won't charge, switch on or off - help!

thanks!

View more options

holland_claire wrote:

hello all

thanks!

View more options
2: Seeker

I thought I lost bluetooth connectivity in my car this afternoon however when I got home the phone was completely dead. I've tried charging it various ways but it will now not power on. Any suggestions gratefully recieved

View more options
Community Champion (Retired)

Have you tried resetting it as described in post #3 in this thread?

View more options