main_icn_My_Vodafone main_icn_Search main_icn_Chevron_right main_icn_Chevron_down main_icn_Close main_icn_Menu social-facebook social-google-plus social-linkedin social-twitter social-youtube main_icn_Community_or_Foundation main_icn_Location main_icn_Network_signal

This is a locked archive and content on this page may no longer be up to date. These posts and threads have been archived for reference only.

Archive

my samsung s3 mini keeps rebooting itself helpppp

3: Seeker

hi

i have had my phone for close to 2 years now never had a problem with it but for the past 2 weeks its been turning its self off and rebooting when ever i do anything but when it turns its self back on it wipes my battery how do i stop this from happening ??

thanks

View more options
14 REPLIES 14
17: Community Champion
Try a factory reset first.
View more options

is this going to get rid off all my apps even the ones i have payed for if so will i have to re bye them ??

thank you for your response

View more options
Yes it will get rid of them but as soon as you log back in with your google account you will get them back, and no you dont have to buy them again.

Make sure you back up any photos or important stuff that you want to keeo.
View more options
If that doesn't resolve your problem you may need to send for repair but the warranty will run out after 2 years I believe so depends how close you are to the 2 years.
View more options

The other possibility is that this is a battery issue.  2 years is getting close to the average life expectancy, especially if it's been allowed to go completely flat at any point.   Is the battery life suspiciously short?  Are the recharge times ditto?   Finally, if you take the battery out, does it look swollen?  The first two are pointers, the last is a clincher.   If that's the case, you should be able to get a replacement for a tenner or so (afaik the S3 mini battery is replaceable?).  Just stick to a UK-based supplier and avoind anything suspiciously cheap and you should be OK.

View more options
Thanks for all the help
View more options
No problem.

Have you managed to try anything? Did anything work?
View more options
Highlighted

i think its the battery when i checked it the battery got a big bubble in it but if the battery dose not work going to factory reset it as you suggested

thankss

View more options
16: Advanced member

:mansurprisedk be carful using that battery

you need to get a replacement now becarful as there are alot of fake ones out there

View more options

so im best geting one from a phone shop or supper market then amizon or somewhere like that

View more options
If you go for a reputable supplier you should be ok, even on amazon.

if you can afford a genuine samsung one that would be the best to go for.
View more options

As manufacturers don't make their own batteries, they're all going to come from an unknown 3rd party manufacturer, and even they can get caught out (there was an issue with a batch of Samsung ones a while ago, though not affecting the S3 mini afaik).

You may strike lucky and find a shop that has one in stock.  If it's faulty, you have an easy comeback, of course.  I'm not sure that Amazon sell batteries themselves, so it'll be a 3rd part seller on marketplace.  If you go there or ebay, make sure you use a UK-based supplier and that you pay a erasonable price (and check the feedback) - as I said, around ten pounds would be about right.   Neither criterion is a guarantee, but it's about the best you can do.

Once a battery swells, it's a goner, so you need to do this as soon as you can.  The best test of a new battery, of course, is that it works and keeps working!

View more options
16: Advanced member
At the end of the day the battery has lasted two years for a lip that is good
This is the advantage of having a removerble battery this is why LG has gone back to this iPhone users have £104 POUNDS to spend to get there's changed

View more options

thanks i am going to get one asap

View more options