Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

setting up samsung gear s for mms

kevpain
2: Seeker
2: Seeker
How do you set up the samsung gear s smart watch to recieve mms guys??
3 REPLIES 3

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion
Hi

Unfortunately I have not had the pleasure of using that smart watch.

Try texting WEB to 40127

However is their a place in settings to insert Apn settings ?

This may / may not help

Enter the following data into the onscreen form, without changing any other settings;
Name - Vodafone Internet
APN - internet (PAYG - pp.vodafone.co.uk)
Username - web (PAYG - wap)
Password - web (PAYG - wap)
MMSC - http://mms.vodafone.co.uk/servlets/mms
MMS Proxy - 212.183.137.12
MMS Port - 8799
Authentication type - PAP
APN type - If given a choice, select internet+mms, if the keyboard appears enter *
(As a check, the image below shows blue text in the fields you should have completed)
Tap the Menu button
Tap Save
Enable the newly-added APN by ensuring the line is ticked, or the radio button is lit by tapping on it
Check the notification bar for 4G, H, 3G, E or G with up and down arrows beside it, which will indicate your connection is working

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

lindytoo
1: Seeker

Hi did you ever resolve this? I tried the settings suggested. I can send and receive emoticons but thats the extent of the MMS. If I am sent an actual picture message to my Gear S whilst it is using its own sim I get a notification in messages - when you click on that it says retrieve - when you click on that it comes up with a 'failed to retrieve' message. There is internet signal etc and I can browse on Opera mini but just cant seem to get the pictures. Any ideas anyone? Or does the Gear S simply not support this? TIA

hrym

As well as having the correct settings on your phone, your Vodafone account also needs to be provisioned for the service.  Customer Services on 191 or Live Help can do this for you - specifically ask them to provision MMS.