Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

sony experia m2

burtyboy33
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

i have had a problem with my experia m2 since just before xmas it keeps freezing and calls people willy nilly on its own i constontly get a message saying the android core has stopped working it will connect to wifi for about 2-4mins than loose connectionits been in for repair 3 times and ive just checked the repair and its had an upgrade which the software was updated less than 2 wks ago when it was in for repair then i have spoken to somebody at vodafone and got told to get in contact with sony about this but why should i .i pay £30 a month for this and i carnt use the phone what else can i do help

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

hrym
17: Community Champion

OK, various issues here.  If Vodafone are struggling with a repair, it might be worth going direct to Sony.  If there's nothing obviously wrong on a basic electrical test, some faults can be difficult to pin down.   After a software update, I'd normally suggest a factory resest as the first port of call if there are problems but a) as I understand it the problems pre-date the update and b) I'd assume this was done at the time.   It might still be worth a try, though (don't forget to back up your content first).

The other possibility is that the phone is struggling for resources.  If you do a reset, what happens if you run it vanilla (no additional apps) for a few days?  If it's OK then, I'd try giving it an external sd card.   A lot of basic phones have limited memory and an extension in this form can make a difference.  It may colonise it for itself, or you may need to move some apps to is manually.  You can also use it to store other content such as music and photos.

View solution in original position

4 REPLIES 4

hrym

OK, various issues here.  If Vodafone are struggling with a repair, it might be worth going direct to Sony.  If there's nothing obviously wrong on a basic electrical test, some faults can be difficult to pin down.   After a software update, I'd normally suggest a factory resest as the first port of call if there are problems but a) as I understand it the problems pre-date the update and b) I'd assume this was done at the time.   It might still be worth a try, though (don't forget to back up your content first).

The other possibility is that the phone is struggling for resources.  If you do a reset, what happens if you run it vanilla (no additional apps) for a few days?  If it's OK then, I'd try giving it an external sd card.   A lot of basic phones have limited memory and an extension in this form can make a difference.  It may colonise it for itself, or you may need to move some apps to is manually.  You can also use it to store other content such as music and photos.

ok thanks for that i have got my phone back today they have given me a new handset as it was faulty which im greatfull for thanks

can somebody please help i got a new phone from the repar centre yesterday and its the same make model as my last one(sony) which i have no confidence in what so ever so i rang customer service up and ask if it was possible to change the phone for something else which they said yes after a few mins on hold ehy they spoke to repar centre so i said i like the samsung galaxy 5 has my other contract i have got is with one of those phones they said yes no problem then i get told i would have to pay £275 for a nearly new one which i thought was outragous as i pay £29.50 a month for a sony m2 which i dont think is very good for money my other one is £35 a month .so i said why not upgrade the tarrif to the same and give me the samsung s5 which at this point lost contact with them so can somebody please help ?????? thanks

Amanda
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hello @burtyboy33 

I'm pleased to see that you're back up and running with a replacement phone. 

We're unable to swap your phone for a different make and model outside of your initial 14 day returns period

If you wish to have another phone then you would need to purchase this. 

Thanks, 

Amanda