cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

tomtom wireless settings (& instructions) for iphone6s - live traffic works only on wifi currently

CommutingBloke
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

Hi Folks - Could someone spoonfeed me the vodafone wireless settings for my tomtom app on iphone 6s, I'll need the numpty instructions for iphone6s - live traffic was ok, but a recent update must have tweaked something and now it works only on wifi currently.  (My subscription to TT traffic is still active.)

The "updating traffic" message on the top bar of the screen shows its just spinning...until I find wifi when the data sync's.

MUCH APPRECIATED!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Try texting the word WEB to 40127 - this typically sends through the settings to your device. You can also refresh the carrier settings by connecting the phone to iTunes.

PWIAC

View solution in original position

4 REPLIES 4

drey_p
16: Advanced member
16: Advanced member

Hi there

Does data work in other apps? Are you able to browse the Internet? If so, there isn't anything wrong with your data settings and it would indicate that there is an issue with the app. You'd probably be best off asking TomTom for support if that is the case.

PWIAC

I know its bizarre - it sounds wrong.  But I've had this experience before in a prior year when I had tomtom, and iphone5s and an O2 contract.  

I went through all sort of hoops with tomtom (their support leaves much to be desired to be honest IMHO) but I fixed that issue when we refreshed the phone with the latest O2 settings.  When the post new iOS settings come in, then you get the mass of app updates, tomtom seems to go goofy on me.  It's a real quirk as other apps that use data do seem to work. 

I could do the same I did with O2 and refresh, but I had issues then with the back-up I reinstall overwrote the changes O2 made, so we needed to do it 2x and then gingerly remount my apps and data to avoid the issue again.

(and Yes in my iPhone settings, my tomtom app is set for data!)

This time I'd like to manually check them if its possible.

Thanks for trying to help me!  Much appreciated

Try texting the word WEB to 40127 - this typically sends through the settings to your device. You can also refresh the carrier settings by connecting the phone to iTunes.

PWIAC

Thanks @drey_p, I triggered the text and then I deleted and reinstalled the app via iTunes)....seems ok now ....  many thanks for your guidance and coaching.

(btw, I looked at the carrier settings under settings>general, ..., ....nothing wrong there...no updates outstanding etc.)

Let's hope it stays stable.

Meantime I thank you again for helping me stay sane.