Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

why does it cost so much for repairs!

CarolineMurray
3: Seeker
3: Seeker
why does it cost so much for repairs! i bought my sons the huawei g510 for xmas and gave them it early as sales assistant activated voucher my son fell smashed his screen within twelve hours i spoke to vodafone live who said take it back i took it back to shop sales assistant said it would cost me £65 to fix the phone was only £100 +£20 freedom freebie pack so its gonna cost me two thirds of the price of the phone to be repaired this is ridiculous!!!. Why??
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

drey_p
16: Advanced member
16: Advanced member

Because you have to pay for the spares (which aren't cheap) and the labour charges for someone to dismantle the phone and put the new screen in and test it.

PWIAC

View solution in original position

30 REPLIES 30

thesoupdragon
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

If we examine the original question of why a screen repair costs so much...?

1. Vodafone have quoted a repair bill of £65 which they will honour regardless of the actual condition of the phone.
  2. The assumption pre-inspection is that it is simply a "glass" breakage. A new digitizer will cost much more!
  3. There are transportation costs both ways, to and from the repairers. Which also has to be insured against the full cost of replacement if lost or damaged!
  4. The Phone will undergo a full inspection before and after repair.
  5. Only O.E.M. (original parts) will be used, not cheap replica's.
  6. All work is insured and guaranteed to Manufacturers build standards, by certified Technicians.
  7. The Warranty remains in full and unaffected.

There are probably many more reasons to justify the cost but I think all the main ones have been covered?

Even if you were to claim on your Household insurance for accidental damage, you would have to pay an excess charge of £50 or more.

Unfortunitely with accidental damage, the only person responsible is the owner. It might seem harsh but that is the cold truth...

You do have the option of shopping around for the cheapest quote. You can try Huawei directly and some of the high street repairers too.

Whichever route you take be sure to make sure that the Warranty will remain intact!

All the best with your repair! :smileyhappy: