cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

why is my fiber dropping drastically in the evening?

TYKE107
3: Seeker

every night my download speed drops from 20+mbs to anything from 3-7mbs after 5pm. I've done the splitting thing and spoke to a tech guy who wanted screen shots of the speed tester results, which i sent along with one of the history of results. Over 2 weeks later and I'm still waiting to hear from him. Since I first complained about this, with all the messing about, I've no longer got the option to cancel because it's taken me past my 30 day period.

10 REPLIES 10

TYKE107

so here's an update....after speaking to someone from vodafones helpline it appears there's a faulty cable in my area that will take 2 months to replace. If there's a faulty cable, then why am I getting great speeds up until 5pm then rubbish?? does the cable clock off at 5 or something?? I'm guessing their servers can't handle peak times. Been told i'll get a call back but i won't hold my breathe coz i've been waiting over 2 weeks for last one they said i'd get

TJ
Community Manager (Retired)
Community Manager (Retired)

Apologies that you never received your call back @TYKE107 😞 We'll be more than happy to investigate these slow evening speeds for you.

So we can access your account to take a look into this, I've sent you a private message so you can provide us with some personal details securely. 

i spoke to someone last and said they'd ring me back today and surprise surprise, i'm still waiting. Got to be the worst customer service ever

Mark
Community Manager
Community Manager

I'm sorry we weren't able to call as advised @TYKE107. If you've emailed us via the link in our private message, please let us know the case ref (looks like [#11234567]) from the auto response you received and we'll chase this for you.

I'm sorry but i didn't bother with the link as i've spoken to the tech guy on the phone who also didn't get back to me. That's 3 call backs i've waited for and not got. All I've been told is there's a cable fault in my area. If it was a faulty cable then i wouldn't get good speeds during the day. Sounds like i'm just being fobbed off. So 6 or 7 live chats and 3 phone calls later and over a months worth of slow speeds i'm looking into leaving

Mark
Community Manager
Community Manager

As we'll need access to your account to look into the problem your experiencing with your broadband service @TYKE107, please get in touch using the link provided in the private message @TJ sent yesterday. 

why? They already know what the problem is, I've told that many people. First blame it on the router then fob me off saying its a faulty cable. I don't get call backs when they say so i'll just take it further and get in touch with ofcom.

It's crystal clear that Vodafone have a contention issue on their network.  They are over subscribed.  The issue is their support sturcture exists solely to fob you off and close calls saying they've fixed the issue, when in fact they haven't even spoken to you.  

I'm in the process of trying to leave my contract, the service is unusable at night. 

I know the feeling @Paul_P1 I'm down 2mbps at night and can't stream anything and the kids can't play games. The agreement says if its not fixed in 28 you can leave without having to pay. Only problem with that is they can cut you off there and then and you could be without the internet for atleast 2 weeks coz thats how long it take for a new provider to take you on......catch 22