main_icn_My_Vodafone main_icn_Search main_icn_Chevron_right main_icn_Chevron_down main_icn_Close main_icn_Menu social-facebook social-google-plus social-linkedin social-twitter social-youtube main_icn_Community_or_Foundation main_icn_Location main_icn_Network_signal

This is a locked archive and content on this page may no longer be up to date. These posts and threads have been archived for reference only.

Archive

z3 compact not compatible with amazon music app?

SOLVED
View solved solution
3: Seeker

I've just upgraded my handset from an htc one to an experia z3 compact. I've just been downloading all my apps but I'm having problems with the amazon music app. In the app store it just says "your device isn't compatible with this version".

Does anyone know if this can be resolved or is Sony blocking the ability to use this app? Seems to defeate the point of the android platform if its the latter. I'm already tempted to return it because I'm already having problems with the sim cover not staying flush. If i can't access the amazon cloud where my music's stored I'll be switching back to htc.

View more options
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
17: Community Champion
Hi there, I have the Z3 and if I go to the play store I can't see the Amazon music app, but if I go to the Amazon app store I can download and install it there and it works on my phone.
View more options
4 REPLIES 4
Hi there, I have the Z3 and if I go to the play store I can't see the Amazon music app, but if I go to the Amazon app store I can download and install it there and it works on my phone.
View more options
Highlighted
3: Seeker

Thanks, that sorted it. I didn't know amazon had an app store! Now i just need to sort the dodgy sim card cover and we're all sorted.

View more options
Glad that helped, sorry can't help with the flap but if you are within 14 days of receiving the handset you can return it. Outside of that it would need to be sent for a repair.
View more options

If you want to get the flap repaired, it might be a good idea to go direct to Sony.  I think Vodafone would have to count it as damage (regardless of the cause) and would therefore not be able to do it under warranty.

View more options