Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

2.4 Ghz and 5Ghz

Aitinja
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hello !

Few days ago i started to have issues with internet. 

Basically, nearly most of the time, whenever i wake up , or just turn on the laptop i notice that 2.4 Ghz internet connection is not working , and can't connect to it (tried on more than one device) , the only option is to either restart the router or turn off the 2,4 Ghz and turn it back on. I must add that I have no problem to connect to 5Ghz connection any time.

The problem wouldn't be that bad but my other half has an old laptop which doesn't support the 5Ghz connection.  

+ Sometimes the 2.4 Ghz connection dissapears on my girlfriends laptop and the only way to get it back is to restart the laptop.  Not sure if this is related to the first problem...

Both of the SSID's are split. 

13 REPLIES 13

KHNI
4: Newbie

The problem is that the Vodafone routers are cheap crap, built down to a price using only the cheapest and nastiest of parts. 

Bin it and get a Draytek 2860 off ebay.

By all means spend your hard earnt money OR follow the VF fault finding guide and then if you think it's still the router phone VF Tech Support and get them to sort it. The more complaints they get about their router the more likely they are to take notice and either improve it or ditch it & replace with a better unit. Btw you don't mention what router you're using (look on back of router for model no)? 

Trust me.  Vodafone's 'fault finding' process is just a bunch of idiots reading steps off a generic script.  They are no use whatsoever.

Your options are either try and get another crappy replacement router from them, or invest in a decent one that will last you the next 15 years and that you can still use even if you move ISP.

Probably try and get a free one off them if you're on a tight budget though.

@KHNI so have you come back to VF after leaving at the end of January ?

LOL!! Why would I do that?! I foolishly left Plusnet so I could get 2x mobiles and 2x Fibre Broadband services all under the one bill.  Its nearly March and they still haven't even connected me.

Why would I want to come back? Lol.

Must have misread your other post, thought you left EE to come to Vodafone Broadband, stayed 1 day then went to Plusnet on Jan 31st.

I foolishly signed up with Vodafone on 22nd January.  Services were meant to go live on the 5th February.  Plusnet stopped my services on the 5th, and I've been left with no broadband since then.  Nobody at Vodafone knows or cares about what's going on.  

It's extremely frustrating.

Ok fair enough I can understand that causes frustration but can't understand why you say the Vodafone router is rubbish if you've not been able to use it.

I worked for BT/Openreach for many many years so I have first hand experience of all the routers supplied by CPs.  Without fail they are all complete crap.  They are maybe suitable for light use, but ultimately are cheap rubbish, rebranded from a Chinese OEM.