Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

£60 Installation Charge

Getafix
16: Advanced member

Does this only apply for homes that don't have a Active Open Reach Connection?

And if yes, then does that mean installtion can be quicker as don't have to hae Engineer Come out?

3 REPLIES 3

SimonWilding

Hi,

if you have a phone line already connected you won't need to pay the £60.00 charge. If you don't have a landline then VF will need to instal one and you incur the charge. See below from the website.

The former will be quicker as all the have to do is make the conneciton from the cabinet.

Installation: A new line provision charge of £60 may also apply if you don’t currently have a BT Openreach line. Other upfront service and maintenance charges may apply – these are set out in the Vodafone Home Broadband and Phone Price Plan

Samsung A52S 5G - SM-A528B/DS

Android Version - 12 One UI version 4.1

Last Update 19.4.22

Build- SP1A.210812.016/A528BXXS1CVD1

Baseband- A528BXXUiCVC4
Nova Launcher. Chrome browser.

My phone history (back to 1997!):

Huawei P30, P20, VF Smart V8, Note 4, S4, S2, Tocco Ultra, F490, P300, E250, RAZR v3, Timeport 250, A300, Star-Tac 

T_Scarface_M

Hi @Getafix

Sometimes an engineer fee may need to be applied if the line hasn't been used in a long time as well. But as @SimonWilding said most of the time if there is an existing line then you won't pay the £60.

I would like to add that the speed of getting broadband installed doesn't change if you require an engineer or not. It will always likely be around 2 weeks or so. 

Hope that helps.

Getafix

Interesting.

I don't have an open reach line as the number was taken over by Virgin over a year ago.

Sky is offering to get the line installed for Free. I have 30 days since I placed my order to cancel. So if I cancel the within few days of installation, then get Vodafone to take over that day, then could save on the £60.

But that would mean I have to place the order with Vodaofne now, agreeing to pay the £60, but come day before installation, I could ring and tell them no need for engineer as there is an active line.