Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

ASUS AC68-U / Vigor 130 set up

domf52
1: Seeker

Hi all

I have purchased a Vigor 130 and Asus AC68-U to try and replace the current router set up on my broadband.  

I've obtained the PPPoE username and password from Vodafone and reverified both, having seen through various posts here that there were some difficulties with upper and lower case etc.  I'm now sure that we have the right password.  However, I'm getting no connection whatsoever through the router.

Interestingly the username I was given the first time was missing the "dsl" prefix, but I am now trying to log in with a username with the dsl prefix.

I haven't changed any settings on the Vigor 130, but interested to hear if anyone has bothered to go in and change those settings.

I have upgraded the firmware on the ASUS AC68-U and have updated the "VID" (apparently the equivalent of VLAN Tag) to 101 in the Internet tab under LAN settings, priority 0.  

I have done various hard resets of both the router and the modem.

Any ideas at all of what else I need to change to get this working?

System log tells me:

pppd[550]: Timeout waiting for PADO packets

Thanks all.  I'm no expert in all of this so please do feel free to state the obvious!

2 REPLIES 2

MrWhite
10: Established
10: Established

I could be wrong, but I'm not sure if you have to change something in the Vigor config to ensure that the VLAN tag is passed through.

azreal
1: Seeker

You will need to log into the vigor 130 and add the tag 101 and priorty there.

have a look at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DFFr3b1Psoo  about 1 minute in to see where to add 101.