cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Anyone happy with Vodafone fibre broadband?

Thebroughfamily
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

Thinking of joining but vodafones facebook page is nothing but doom and gloom of faults and problems, and this community board seems very much the same... is it because there is nothing but trouble with the service or is it simply because only people with problems head somewhere to vent there opinions while those that get good service just carry on with life?

Im with BT and to be fair, there facebook page is similar, and i saw the which report recently and BT came bottom, but in all honesty ive not many issues, its the current pricing structure im not agreeing with.

88 REPLIES 88

jeffkinn
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

A forum like this will only show you comments from disgruntled customers. Perhaps stories like these help to provide some balance

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/business/2018/02/01/vodafone-uk-sales-slow-despite-broadband-boost/

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/business/2018/01/31/talktalk-plunges-cash-fears-vodafone-attacks-broadban...

Jeffkinn_Sig.png

As you suggest, people are more likely to register for this forum if they are having a problem. 

In my years of experience with vodafone when its set up and left alone the fibre is excellent. Obviously it has to be set up correctly in the first place. My problems with vodafone have always come up when I have to deal with one of their staff. I have been told so many lies by 1st level support ( and occasionally other higher up the chain ) that I could write a book. They routinely lie when there seems no need to do so.  "We will call you back" and "I am putting notes on your account" are the most common ones I have come up against. One guy clearly knew that I was annoyed at a call back not being received and said he was gooing to renew my confidence in their customer service. He was going to investigate my problem and call me back the following day. He never called.  Things like that are hard to comprehend.

They're not all bad of course but unless I am the unluckiest person in the world the bad seem to far outnumber the good.  Only this evening I contacted customer service and the guy was excellent. He seemed to known what he was talking about and after the call ended I was happy with the support. Twenty minutes later he called me back. There had been no mention of a call back but he had continued to investigate my issue and had some extra information for me. Now THAT'S customer service. Maybe he was new.

@jeffkinnwrote:

A forum like this will only show you comments from disgruntled customers. Perhaps stories like these help to provide some balance

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/business/2018/02/01/vodafone-uk-sales-slow-despite-broadband-boost/

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/business/2018/01/31/talktalk-plunges-cash-fears-vodafone-attacks-broadban...

Those are ridiculous examples! Corporate releases in the business pages... That's akin to the suits in the Pentagon releasing statements about 'no major issues in areas of conflict' when the boots on the ground are the ones who know the real sh*t they're in.

machare
13: Advanced Member

I am happy with the 38Mbps service using a Zyxel VMG8924-B10A router  which I bought 2nd hand on ebay. The Vodafone router should be avoided because of the poor wifi.

@macharewrote:

I am happy with the 38Mbps service using a Zyxel VMG8924-B10A router  which I bought 2nd hand on ebay. The Vodafone router should be avoided because of the poor wifi.

How easy was it to install your own router? What did you have to do?

machare

You need to contact the support staff and ask them for the connection userid and password, They will probably ask you which of the routers on the BT Sin 498 approved list you plan to use. 

Router configuration details can be found in other threads.

The BT SIN 498 list is a bit of a black hole so just check with the manufacturer's data of the router you decide to buy to ensure it has MCT approval which is what the list is all about (my reading tells me that the list doesn't include all approved modems/routers). Then speak to VF to get your ID/Password before you spend your money.

I contacted them a few hours ago for the login details, stating that my connection had yet to be activated, but I had heard the Vodafone router wasn't very good. They supplied the details without any problems at all and no question was even raised over what router I have. 

I would be curious to hear from others though in what respect they find the Vodafone router is failing, since it gave me the same signal strength on wifi around the house as my Asus router. For those who are struggling I wondered if a simple wifi booster would do the trick. 

machare

AIUI the problem comes if the wifi is heavily used. Apparently the Wifi chip in the router gets to hot and ceases to work properly.