cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Anyone happy with Vodafone fibre broadband?

Thebroughfamily
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

Thinking of joining but vodafones facebook page is nothing but doom and gloom of faults and problems, and this community board seems very much the same... is it because there is nothing but trouble with the service or is it simply because only people with problems head somewhere to vent there opinions while those that get good service just carry on with life?

Im with BT and to be fair, there facebook page is similar, and i saw the which report recently and BT came bottom, but in all honesty ive not many issues, its the current pricing structure im not agreeing with.

88 REPLIES 88

Resali
2: Seeker

I moved from BT to VF in December 2017 after researching numerous providers (which I always do when my contract is up for renewal). I signed up just before the price dropped, but VF were happy to put my order on the cheaper deal. The order process was straightforward, router arrived on time, and fibre and phone went live on the day stated. For some reason their system allocated a new landline number to me, but after a call to customer services this was undone and my old number reinstated. I knew from reading this and other forums that the VF router would be rubbish, so I was not expecting a lot. It really turned out to be awful (the WiFi performance, not the actual fibre connection), so that I replaced it with a better router. I get 54Mbps down and 12Mbps up which is slightly more than I got with BT on their Smart Hub. Speed seems to be fairly constant with up to 12 devices (on 2.4 and 5GHz) connected, so I am happy. Just a shame the stock router is so bad, but I am expecting to use my new router with future providers too.

HTH. 

Thank you everybody for the replies, it really is appreciated.

Took the plunge, home internet and phone being changed from BT to Vodafone on the 6th march.

Ended up getting 2 Vodafone SIM contracts too.. haha.

Thanks everyone.

Marc-E-Bear

We switched 19/02/18 with a minimum download speed of 52Mbps guaranteed. We didn't exceed 30mbps at any point during the month-long 'settling in' and quite often it cut out altogether.

Three weeks ago an engineer found a fault on the line and fixed it with the warning it may still fluctuate for the next week or ten days. But yay, we had 50mbps... for a few days.

Then it dropped back down to 30mbps, where it has stayed and also keeps cutting out.

I'm only using one computer 99% of the time and have it connected via Ethernet. The wi-fi is appalling!

So in accordance to those rotten adverts starring the Hobbit, we are NOT getting our minimum guaranteed speed nor are we being refunded for it.

ALTHOUGH WE WERE CHARGED £85 FOR BEING SENT A SIM CARD BEFORE WE WENT LIVE, THAT WE NEVER EVEN OPENED YET ALONE USED - £85 FOR ABSOLUTELY NOTHING!!!

And now twenty-odd quid a month for something that doesn't work properly.

machare
13: Advanced Member

@Mark-E-Bear

So what speed does your router say that it is connected at?  If the router keeps loosing its connection and resyncs it is possible that either the router or the line is faulty.  If you have a different VDSL2 router you might want to consider using it.

"So what speed does your router say that it is connected at?"

I am not tech-savvy at all - I don't know what you mean by this.

TJ
Community Manager (Retired)
Community Manager (Retired)

I'm sorry to hear you're not getting the speeds you should be @Marc-E-Bear and @Mutt13y, I know how important a good broadband connection is.

So we can forward your query to our Broadband team for further investigation, I've popped you both a private message over with details on how to get in touch with us directly. 

Thanks TJ, but even with Tech 2 opening my fibre last night i'm still not getting my minimum guaranteed speed.  Instead of aiming for the lowest speed you can get away with for the service, why not try to exceed the customers guaranteed speed.  There is no way that this should have taken 4 months to get some result, and even then still below the guaranteed speed.  I'm not a new customer who you can get above 25mbps and resolve the issue. My guaranteed speed was 28mbps...

Bt i was on 42mbps no issues...BTs minimum guaranteed speed was 28mbps....

BT Engineer even said it was what you were sending from your end that was the issue...as he synced with the cabinet at 42mbps

Mutt13y
4: Newbie

Nope has been the worst mistake i#ve made in a long time.

Joined in September and had nothing but issues since december.

Speed has hovered around the 16mbps to 20mbps even though my minimum guaranteed speed is 27mbs..When i was with Bt i was getting constant connections of 42mbps...Tech 2 close issues without talking to you.  Get told by Support a Bt Engineer is coming on site...No Engineer and when you contact vodafone you're told no engineer was booked...and only tech 2 can book Engineer.  Constantly being charged full price for a service that is so under par its criminal.  Spending hours either on the phone or online trying to sort out issues....Vodafone have done something to my line last night after numerous complaints and i'm now being shown a sync speed of 30mbps...Yet using speedtest i'm averaging 22mbps....Am waiting on tech 2 calling again and if its not sorted i'm going back to BT, as my neighbour still gets 42mbps...

alanpater
1: Seeker

yeah i thought it was a good broadband as the price is very good but this is for sure not fibre optic as they said it is and i do NOT recommend switching to this at all, i may be wrong and it may just be me but i think talk talk 12mbps was even better than this 74mbps vodafone broadband.