Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Appaling service by vodafone. Do not buy

Akiiraja_96
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Actually disgusted by vodafone. Wish i never bought a contract. Download speeds are terrible. On a 76mbps optic fibre package. When i signed up i was guaranteed 68 mbps at any given time. I get below 10 mbps most of the day. Been with vodafone for 6 months now but still not resolved my problem. Contacted them a number of times regarding this issue. Was told to change the channel and split the ssid on my online router page every single time and then wait 24 hours. Still the same speed every time. Right now its coming below 1mbps.  Disgusted. Terrible service. Took 34 minutes to download a 1gb file. Even a standard line of 8mbps is faster. Can't wait till my contract finishes. Can sue vodafone under the Consumer Protection Act but would take time, hassle & money.

Don't waste your money if you want a decent connection. Even my 4g+ with virgin is giving me 50mbps+

2 REPLIES 2

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

I'm not surprised your unimpressed with your current speed stats @Akiiraja_96

I'm sure you've tried many troubleshooting tips going from your post. 

I'm assuming your connecting via a wifi option as you've changed your channel. Even though wifi is a slower connection you should still receive a useable service. 

May i ask......

When / if you connect via Ethernet cable does it improve at all ?

When you run a SpeedTest what is your Ping stats ? I use the Ookla Speedtest option. 

Have you considered using a 3rd Party Router which may help ? Customer service can provide you with your password etc to be able to do this. There is also existing threads discussing how to set up and use your own router for people that are not wanting to use Vodafones router for their own reasons. 

There are Ofcom help pages > Here < for people experiencing problems with their Home Broadband along with an app to check things over too. 

Appreciate you've been having these issues for 6 months + but may I say I hope things improve for you asap. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Thank you for your reply.

I haven't used a different router. I'm guessing if i am on such a high speed optic fibre package, the router should already be good enough. There are very rare occasions where i do get great speeds, for example late at night. But obviously if vodafone are guaranteeing a speed of 68mbps, thats applicable at all times not just at night.

I don't think i'd need to try from an ethernet cable as i'm only a room away (several meters) from the router.

The ping is dramatically low. I get a ping of 25-35 most of the time.

Thank you