cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

At what time was your broadband service activated?

machare
13: Advanced Member

My Plusnet ADSL service was deactivated at 6.00 am and my phone was move to Vodafone before 10.00 am, but the Vodafone notes say that I may have to wait until midnight before my VDSL broadband service is activated.

How long have others had to wait?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

So still no phone back. Chatted this am and the infrasteucture issue was resolved by mid pm. Still no access. Tried to chat again and just went round in circles. Aaaaaaagh! Just had a further chat and they said i needed to do something before the internet started. Used this:    http://www.vodafone.co.uk/contentcontrolpage/vfb-force-choice-page.html.  Now the router has to  be turned off for 15mins....... perhaps this solves things. Fingers crossed! Hope youve sorted your broadband.

View solution in original position

13 REPLIES 13

Tabzahs
4: Newbie

Finished with last provider at 6am. Was supposed to be online by midnight last night but still waiting............ Not impressed with Vodafone failing in their promise. 

Tabzahs
4: Newbie

So to update we are a day into our contract with vodafone. Phone now works but no broadband. Tried phoning vodafone and initially told a wait of 1 to 4 mins on a call back. 45 mins later and I'm still waiting. Inmpressed? Not at all.

machare

I appear to be in the same situation!  I would be grateful to be told when you do get activated.

No worries. Had no call back but used chat to talk to a brill guy. Tested all and it seems there is an infrastructure issue that bt openreach need to solve. Theyve only just put in the fibre cables and its already broken! Will try and login to router in an hour or so. Fingers crossed. Hope your connection comes on soon.

So still no phone back. Chatted this am and the infrasteucture issue was resolved by mid pm. Still no access. Tried to chat again and just went round in circles. Aaaaaaagh! Just had a further chat and they said i needed to do something before the internet started. Used this:    http://www.vodafone.co.uk/contentcontrolpage/vfb-force-choice-page.html.  Now the router has to  be turned off for 15mins....... perhaps this solves things. Fingers crossed! Hope youve sorted your broadband.

machare

Looks like mine has now been activated.  Should support be able to tell me the IP address that has been allocated?

So pleased you are online now

So finally online at 22.25. Yay! The 4th chat advisor was brill and got to the bottom of things. I'd been advised previously on a chat to reset the router. When powered back up the system didnt recognise the router. So the system was updated and low and behold I'm now online! Very drawn out process and it has shown how the quality of help can vary tremendously. Lots of problems had to be resolved, including the new ones created by help. 

machare

Interesting thank you.  I have not yet achieved perfection.