main_icn_My_Vodafone main_icn_Search main_icn_Chevron_right main_icn_Chevron_down main_icn_Close main_icn_Menu social-facebook social-google-plus social-linkedin social-twitter social-youtube main_icn_Community_or_Foundation main_icn_Location main_icn_Network_signal
Menu Toggle

Welcome to Vodafone Community

Broadband & Home Phone

Broadband App

SOLVED
View solved solution
Highlighted
13: Advanced Member

Can someone give me some advice on a very annoying issue with the app.

Using the app I turned off the wifi using the on off toggle switch, however it turns out that this turns the router off so devices cannot connect to it. Which is fair enough. However when the kids had done the chores they were set and I said I'd turn the wifi back on, my phone could not connect to the router to turn it back on!

The only way I could turn the internet back on was to re-set the router which took off al the personal setting I put on and I had to reconnect 14 devices in the house back to it.

Surely there be a better/easier way to do it but if the device with the app can't connect to the router to turn it back on what can it be?

Cheers 

Vodafone Smart V8 VFD-710, Android Version - 7.1.1

Last Update 17.11.17, 

Build- VFD-710_MRB01-3, 

Baseband- P840V70801

Kernel - 3.18.31-perf
Apex Launcher. Chrome browser.

My phone history:

Smart V8, Note 4, S4, S2, Tocco Ultra, F490, P300, E250, RAZR v3, Timeport 250, A300, Star-Tac

View more options
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi @SimonWilding

I understand that this must have been time consuming for you.

The best option would be to set up guest Wi-Fi for your children, you can then control their settings and there's also a timer option on there

You can do this via the Vodafone Broadband app on your phone. 

View more options
6 REPLIES
4: Newbie

You might get on better if you used a separate Wifi network for your kids. 

(Or use a proper wired connection to switch the main Wifi Off and On.)

View more options
8: Helper

Haha, yes it's a stupid setting on the app.  There's a button on the router itself to turn the wifi on and off.  Can't remember whether you just press, or press and hold for a few seconds.

View more options

Yes, I havve added the kid's devices to the family/guest wifi option which you can turn on and off seperately so that's a fix to the main problem.

I did try pressing the button on the router to try and turn it back on but it didnt work, maybe I didn't hold it in the long enough? Although if that is the solution, how long before the kids figure it out....!? 

Last Update 17.11.17, 

Build- VFD-710_MRB01-3, 

Baseband- P840V70801

Kernel - 3.18.31-perf

My phone history:

Smart V8, Note 4, S4, S2, Tocco Ultra, F490, P300, E250, RAZR v3, Timeport 250, A300, Star-Tac

View more options

Hi @SimonWilding

I understand that this must have been time consuming for you.

The best option would be to set up guest Wi-Fi for your children, you can then control their settings and there's also a timer option on there

You can do this via the Vodafone Broadband app on your phone. 

View more options

Thanks Carly, that is what I have done.

Last Update 17.11.17, 

Build- VFD-710_MRB01-3, 

Baseband- P840V70801

Kernel - 3.18.31-perf

My phone history:

View more options
4: Newbie

Would be great if the broadband app showed usage, I believe the one from Zen ISP does?

View more options