main_icn_My_Vodafone main_icn_Search main_icn_Chevron_right main_icn_Chevron_down main_icn_Close main_icn_Menu social-facebook social-google-plus social-linkedin social-twitter social-youtube main_icn_Community_or_Foundation main_icn_Location main_icn_Network_signal
Menu Toggle

Welcome to Vodafone Community

Broadband & Home Phone

Broadband Free Gift Offer

3: Seeker

I have followed all the instructions to the letter. I went on the website and registered. I was told to expect an email with my claim code within 5 working days, however that was 9 days ago. I have checked all my email folders and there is nothing there. I tried to register again and it tells me that a claim code has already been sent to me. Clearly not though and the claim period runs out on 31 October.

I also agree with others about the service. Our internet goes off intermittently. I've complained loads of times and have been told that it's most likely a faulty router and they would send a new one. Twice I was told that. No new router has arrived. What's more is that the Vodafone app actually appears to interfere with the wi-fi and turns it off!

So far so bad....

View more options
4: Newbie

Hi,

I received my Sonos Play:1 worth £149 on Monday. It works great.

Old model no airplay2 on it but does what it says on the box. My broadband works very well.

I did email vodafone requesting my email of confirmation and it worked!!

Keep trying with the chat too.

good luck!

View more options

Can I ask which email you used to contact them? Live chat never helps me and I can be waiting on the phone for up to 40 minutes.

View more options
4: Newbie

I used https://gethuman.com/email/Vodafone-UK/send-email/~22538

and followed their guided email for “a different reason”.

I meant live chat in browser with customer services,notby phone!

good luck

View more options

That email address is no longer valid I'm afraid, I just got an automated email from them saying as much. I am trying live chat but the assistant is telling me that I need to call customer services, which costs from a landline and they keep you on hold for an agent for ages. Not sure what else to try really.

View more options

Yes as suspected I am asked to call an 0330 number which is charged at standard local rate. I have been on hold now for 5 minutes which I will be charged for. This is how they presumably pay for all their 'free' gifts, by making everyone phone customer services and then charge them for the privilege!

View more options
2: Seeker

Has anyone recieved their free gift for this years deal? I am talking specifically about the gopro.

I have an email confirmation of my tech order "your tech gift will be with you shortly" on the 12th October (17 days ago) I expected some sort of correspondance by text message from DPD within 14 days to tell me my package was on its way as per the email but as of yet I have recieved nothing...

Thanks

Rob

View more options

Just to update - I got my claim code and ordered the Fitbit Charge on 12 October.

DPD emailed me exactly 14 business days later on 26 Oct - with a delivery tracking number and delivery scheduled for 29 Oct - so I got my Fitbit Charge as per the T&Cs in the offer, with no issues.

View more options

I've just got my text though from DPD today for my GoPro delivery on the 1st November, I ordered on the 12th October so it has taken 18 days (12 week days) from ordering to be dispatched and 20 days to be delivered as it stands...

View more options

Having absolute nightmare been going on about two months. Numerous calls even got sent back to the store even though half hour drive! 

Finally hour and half on phone again today and I’m being sent a code. Not holding my breath. Even tried to cancel contract for breach of contract and told they haven’t breached its TLC marketing. Wanted to charge me 170 to cancel contract. 

Phone due for upgrade too now.  Feel no reason to show any customer loyalty at all after this fiasco. Even one of their store staff suffered the same nonsense.

View more options
Highlighted

HOW TO GET YOUR FREE GIFT

It is clear Vodafone are trying to get as many people as possible to miss out on a free gift they have been promised. They are using a process designed to reduce the gifts they give out. So here is how to use a process to get your gift…

The Ombudsman is looking into this: Trust pilot will not let me give you the email so just go to the OFCOM website and get the ‘enquiries’ email for the domain ‘os-communications.org’.

So you have fallen foul of the very, onerous and confusing and hidden requirement for applying for the ‘free’ gift.

Make a complaint to Vodafone, who by now may already get that they are stuffed… and when they give you a deadlock letter write to OFCOM.. Don’t use the email address Vodafone give you in their deadlock letter because f for some reason… it is the wrong address…
Here is why the terms for the free gift are not enforceable.. just cut and paste them.

1 The free gift is not free because it requires ‘consideration’. That consideration being to keep the account open for more than 30 days (thus past the date for cancellation) and to go through the application process itself, which is as you see, arduous.

2 The terms requiring the letter to be sent, the two week notice and the two week ‘window’ for applications is extra to the terms Vodafone offered and Agreed. That is to say. They are therefore not relevant.

3 If the terms are relevant then they are not applicable due to the Unfair Terms Act 1977 and Consumer Rights Act 2015 as they are manifestly unfair. The requirement to jump through so many hoops in a time limited fashion is not only unreasonable but it makes no sense. The only possible advantage to this is that many persons will fail these hurdles and thus Vodafone escape considerable liability to give the gifts. I STRONLY suspect that this is not accidental. A term is unfair if it is manifestly biased to one party or the other. What benefit is there to the consumer?

4 This is a Sale by distance as defined in The Consumer Contracts (Information, Cancellation and Additional Charges) Regulations 2013 (CCR2013). These powerful consumer regulations therefore apply. Regulation 16 is the Information requirement and is known as the ‘Confirmation of Contract’. This confirmation of contract requires the Trader to provide the Consumer with all the information listed in Schedule 2 of the Regs. They are required to do this in ‘Durable Format’. Vodafone have not supplied the information in durable format so their terms are void. As it happens they have not given us terms for the gift but the point is that none of their terms apply because they are in criminal breach of the CCR2013. The durable format MUST be provided after the delivery of the service or on the same day.

If you have found dealing with Vodafone you can request damages under the Consumer Rights Act 2015. The Ombudsman may sleep thi9s in mind depending on your situation.

If the Ombudsman fails you… and he often does…. File a small claim on Moneyclaim.com.

I have dealt with the CEO Nick Jefferies who sees to think this is all OK. No wonder his staff do not get it.

View more options

HOW TO GET YOUR FREE GIFT

It is clear Vodafone are trying to get as many people as possible to miss out on a free gift they have been promised. They are using a process designed to reduce the gifts they give out. So here is how to use a process to get your gift…

The Ombudsman is looking into this: Trust pilot will not let me give you the email so just go to the OFCOM website and get the ‘enquiries’ email for the domain ‘os-communications.org’.

So you have fallen foul of the very, onerous and confusing and hidden requirement for applying for the ‘free’ gift.

Make a complaint to Vodafone, who by now may already get that they are stuffed… and when they give you a deadlock letter write to OFCOM.. Don’t use the email address Vodafone give you in their deadlock letter because f for some reason… it is the wrong address…
Here is why the terms for the free gift are not enforceable.. just cut and paste them.

1 The free gift is not free because it requires ‘consideration’. That consideration being to keep the account open for more than 30 days (thus past the date for cancellation) and to go through the application process itself, which is as you see, arduous.

2 The terms requiring the letter to be sent, the two week notice and the two week ‘window’ for applications is extra to the terms Vodafone offered and Agreed. That is to say. They are therefore not relevant.

3 If the terms are relevant then they are not applicable due to the Unfair Terms Act 1977 and Consumer Rights Act 2015 as they are manifestly unfair. The requirement to jump through so many hoops in a time limited fashion is not only unreasonable but it makes no sense. The only possible advantage to this is that many persons will fail these hurdles and thus Vodafone escape considerable liability to give the gifts. I STRONLY suspect that this is not accidental. A term is unfair if it is manifestly biased to one party or the other. What benefit is there to the consumer?

4 This is a Sale by distance as defined in The Consumer Contracts (Information, Cancellation and Additional Charges) Regulations 2013 (CCR2013). These powerful consumer regulations therefore apply. Regulation 16 is the Information requirement and is known as the ‘Confirmation of Contract’. This confirmation of contract requires the Trader to provide the Consumer with all the information listed in Schedule 2 of the Regs. They are required to do this in ‘Durable Format’. Vodafone have not supplied the information in durable format so their terms are void. As it happens they have not given us terms for the gift but the point is that none of their terms apply because they are in criminal breach of the CCR2013. The durable format MUST be provided after the delivery of the service or on the same day.

If you have found dealing with Vodafone you can request damages under the Consumer Rights Act 2015. The Ombudsman may sleep thi9s in mind depending on your situation.

If the Ombudsman fails you… and he often does…. File a small claim on Moneyclaim.com.

I have dealt with the CEO Nick Jefferies who sees to think this is all OK. No wonder his staff do not get it.

View more options

Thanks for taking the time to do that write up. I shall refer to that if my latest Vodafone battle amounts to nothing. 

After going through to the complaints department the advisor and his manager did manage to do something which produced an email with a claim code. This works and I’m waiting on another email to say it’s being dispatched. 

I don’t intend to be one of those customers who just give up 🙂

View more options

A long story - but I signed up at the start of the promotion and I still don't have my "gift" - constant delays in taking over my service meant I wan't transferred till 21 September - had a letter from the reward fulfillment company TCL with the wrong dates to register! Finally registered and about a week later got an email comfirming my gift and suggesting fulfillment in 14 days - (but could be 30!) As no gift I rang the number on the letter this afternoon - and told there was still another week before the 30 days are up!  OK so time to wait a bit longer. Then an email arrives - "Oh Dear we have miscalculated demand and it will be another 14 days" (but from when?) so I rang TLC again and was told it will be 14 days on top of the original 30 - so mid December for delivery!.. I contacted Vodafone chat who said no this was wrong - it will be any day soon as they have just had a big delivery. Someone isn't telling the truth!  I consider I have been mis-sold to change to Vodafone on the promise of the offer and they don't seem able to fulfill it. Formal complaint registered

View more options

Good for you and spread the word.  Vodafone should give the gits to anyone who signed upp and not require them to jump through hoops.

Suiing VBodfone and Nick Jeffires so shall update you all when he  tells me in court what this was all about

View more options

Hey,

could you please tell me how you managed to get your code?

i spoke to them for almost two hours yesterday, ended up chatting to a clients relations person but all he offered was monetary compensation which barely covered the time I spent explaining my situation overnight the past couple of months, and the wrong information and straight up lies their advisor said told me in order to get rid of me. 

I want to take this forward with the ombudsman, but I’d rather have another go and get them to send me the code.

I never received the letter nor the email explaining the procedure and the terms and every time I called in I was told something different, as even the call centre people didn’t know how the whole thing worked.

Any advice would me much appreciated 

View more options

Hi

took very long time and lots of calls, even got sent back to shop!

Only email I had was confirmation of broadband nothing about gift. 

By time I chased I was told code had expired. Seems many people did not get email or letter.  

I went through to complaint number in the end 1hr15 on phone - advisor got his manager involved. It can be sorted if they try! Although I’m still waiting for email saying it’s being sent. 

View more options

Complaints phone number 03333 041 524

View more options

I have phoned them 9 times,. But thank you for the information:

I have written to their complaints sectioon12 times.

I have written to their Director's complaints section 4 times,

I have written to Nick Jefferies (CEO)  personally 8 times (he has actually replied once)... 

Yesterday the Directors Office in the person of [Removed]  (Directors Office Customer Relations Tel: 08080 045 200) effectively accused my mother in law, in writing of lying and my wife of claiming the gift ( Contrary to the theft act 1968) but  so far they  refuse to provide proof.  They know this is untrue and use my 84 year of moth in-laws confused state against her… DELIBERATELY.

she originally had no idea of the ‘letter for claiming’ but later discovered while in hospital it had been delivered to her empty house and her daughter had filed it, unopened… When she discovered this she told Vodafone that she had made a mistake and the letter was found by her daughter.  They have claimed, in writing that she said that the gift was claimed, not the letter found.

SHE CATAGORICALLY  DID NOT SAY THE GIFT HAD BEEN DSICOVERED OR CLAIMED  and Vodafone refuse to let us have a copy of the call to prove this.   Tis in spite of the fact that their records show no claim was ever made for tis account.. BY ANYONE.

They also asked for proof of the 84 years old’s account holder's quad bypass and amputation……. As if that means something because when we told them of her medical situation they said that no exceptions could be made regardless of illness….. So the ONLY reason they have now asked for this is that they think she and we is a Liars.  This woman goes to Church 3 times a week and has never told a lie in her life.  She is old and confused and Vodafone are going to be shown for what they are.

Please spread this account to anyone who wants to listen.

For our part we filed a legal claim against Vodafone immediately after being accused of theft.  Case ref E6QZ39MW. 

Toi Vodafone.  You will now put this in front of your legal team and they will tell you that you have got this wrong.  Not only will this case expose you exceptionally cruel and libellous attack on an old and vulnerable woman but it will also serve to show anyone in dispute with you over the ‘gifts’ how to sue you for them.  Oh.. and the eleventh hour ‘gesture of Goodwill’… NO WAY NO HOW!!  You are going to stand in front of a judge and justify your behaviour.  You are going to be asked to cross examine and 84 year old in a wheelchair about her medical claims.

See you in Newport County Court guys!

If this post is removed or edited it will be reposted on every review site in the UK.

[MOD EDIT: This post has been edited to remove personal information please see Community Guidelines]

View more options

Little update after my email of 11/12/2018 promising the gift within 30 days. 

Now 4/1/19 no sign of gift no keeping me updated either. Call to customer services informed me promotion is now finished. Can offer you £40 credit on bill goodwill gesture. 

So, I’m paying 25pm when others now pay 20 as price dropped after I signed up again. This works out to extra £90 over 18 mths. I would still be -£50 plus all the time effort calls and emails and the shoddy way I’ve been treated.  

I will be calling complaints again later as their systems are down. You couldn’t make this up seriously! 

I have for many years only recommended two mobile companies Vodafone and O2. 

Sorry Vodafone I’ll be disconnecting everything as soon as I possibly can never to return. 

View more options