main_icn_My_Vodafone main_icn_Search main_icn_Chevron_right main_icn_Chevron_down main_icn_Close main_icn_Menu social-facebook social-google-plus social-linkedin social-twitter social-youtube main_icn_Community_or_Foundation main_icn_Location main_icn_Network_signal
Menu Toggle

Welcome to Vodafone Community

Broadband & Home Phone

Broadband Free Gift Offer

4: Newbie

don't like to say I told you so but I did a quick Google on these offers when I was signing up and decided it wasn't worth the hassle

View more options
3: Seeker

Another hour on phone today. 

Nothing to do with them need to call TLC.  

So basically I could cancel within 30 days but now they want £170. I asked how could I cancel within 30 days when account has to be running that long to get the gift?  

Price on BB dropped from £25 to £20pm soon after I renewed to rub salt into the wound too. Am I offered reduced rate? No. I’m offered sweet FA for 4 months of aggro. 

Today cancelled the phone contract and will be contacting ofcom as this gift thing is nothing more than a scam. 

Avoid vodafone like the plague people I’m off to O2. 

View more options

Same for me. Fought for months for code finally got that in November. Now January and told promotion ended no their fault nor responsibility. Could have cancelled contract within 30 days but they want £170 to do that now. 

Paying £25pm and price dropped to £20 weeks after I renewed contract. 

Compensation? Nothing. Paying over the odds and no gift. Besides which you had to have contract 30 days to get this gift. SCAM nothing more to it. 

Cancelled phone contract today will be contacting Ofcom and as someone suggested Advertising Standards too. 

I shall also be plastering social media with this. How can they so blatantly rip off customers 😕😡

View more options

@Kazgti That's not the experience we'd want any of our customers to go through. We'd love to help, I've sent you a private message on how to get in touch and we'll be able to access your account securely. Joe

View more options

Same issue here: after having spent months talking to both Vodafone and TLC to chase my gift, someone from the director's office called me on November 30th and confirmed that I would be getting my gift within 30 days. 
As I hadn't received anything yet, on Friday I called Vodafone to chase this up, was told to contact TLC and TLC told me that they'd neve received a request to send me my gift and told me to contact Vodafone again. 

I refused - as it's not in my remit to do that by now: they should be able to chase that up for me - I sent them a screenshot of the text confirming the shipping of my gift and now I'm waiting to see what happens. 

What should've been a very straightforward process is turning into a Kafkesque nightmare.  

View more options

Totally understand the frustration. I’ve never in my life come across a company behaving so badly. 

In all this time and I’ve lost count of the calls now, the only help I had was from Dave & Matt in complaints dept. Sadly not available last time I called. 

I company this huge and just two employees that know what they are doing!

I’ve had response from social media team now so waiting on what happens from that. I just want away from this company. 

Take a look at Trustpilot- says it all. 

Wish you all the luck in the world 👍

View more options

Hi Joe,

if you think that Vodafone has not behaved with their customers, why do you not resolve these issues at the right level internally ? and then confirm here that all these 'customers' have actually got their promised gifts!

Hiding behind internal bureaucratic procedures and giving your customers no easy access to the customer service system is typical of paranoid corporations like Vodafone which, really, do not want to hear their customers except when taking their money!

By the way I had my gift with minor 'pushing' delivered after a delay , so this is not a complaint about this particular marketing campaign, but about Vodafone as a corporation that has not organised their services for its customers, but for itself: minimise cost of service, maximse profit and return on investment seems to be the Vodafone mantra!

I am staying with them simply because it was a good deal when it started and not because I like Vodafone. In all honesty, in this case I acted to maximise my returns and benefits too, just like them.

I hope you can give some feedback to the powers to be at Vodafone based on this forum's postings.

View more options

I agree with all you’ve said. 

I only renewed in store because of the free gift.  I shop around usually but I figured a Sonos speaker - can’t pass up on that. As it is, no speaker, and also paying £25 when a few weeks after price dropped to £20. They even refused to give me that tariff. I feel like I’ve been ripped off and then had them laughing in my face. 

Nothing back since social media team asked me to respond (due to accessing account apparently). Shame they don’t have the courage to respond out in the open.  

I’ve opened a case on ‘resolver ‘ contacted advertising standards and left review on Trustpilot. 

I’ve not finished yet and will not until I either get this gift or compensation and released from a contract which they have no right to hold me to since they have not upheld their promise. 

View more options

I agree with your situation and wish you GOOD LUCK!

View more options

Hi .@joe ,

see my post earlier addressed to you but without the @joe ...

View more options

Having read all these posts and others on a different topic there does seem to be a common problem. It seems really quite wrong to advertise a free gift and then not actually give it out. There are hundreds of posts out there on this subject. 

I can see from the posts that some people have managed to obtain their gifts. Perhaps Vodafone could enlighten me as to how i can get mine. Should have been with me in Oct, is just a case of whoever shouts the loudest gets one?

View more options
Highlighted

@alfredoFALK I can assure you that this has already been fed back to the appropriate marketing teams. Beyond this I can't comment on the promotion further but I will apologise for the poor experience you've had trying to get your gift. Joe

View more options
2: Seeker

really?

well I raised complaint to customer relations and rightly so they credited my acc of 199.00 pounds which was value of go pro i asked for. so.it is worth hassle.

View more options

You would think they would treat affected customers the same. 

Currently quietly giving them a little more time after email promising to get this sent ASAP. 

Nice to know what they can do if they try and strange that I keep getting told gift not their responsibility just supplying the BB. 

Also nothing to do with BB contract which it blatantly is since you need contract 30 days before you get gift. After 30 days you cannot cancel the contract.  

Very much appreciate that info 👍

View more options