Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Broadband Scheduler/Broadband app

SimonWilding
16: Advanced member
16: Advanced member

Bit if a whinge rather than a request for help as I know there is no answer but....

I wanted to us the WiFi scheduler to automatically switch the WiFi off late/overnight to stop the kids staying up late online. The app allows you to schedule an off period with a start time and end time so I put in a start time of 2300 and an end time of 0600 only to be met by a message saying that the end time has to be later than the start time. This means you can't schedule the WiFi to be off overnight! This seems daft to me and that is when I imagine most people (well parents anyway) will want the WiFi off, can someone techy and involved with the app get this changed.

My temporary solution is the have the off period from 2300-2359 and hope the kids just accept it and go to sleep..

Also on the subject of the app, it would be useful if you could control access to the WiFi for individual devices instead of an "all or nothing" situation.

Ta

Samsung A52S 5G - SM-A528B/DS

Android Version - 12 One UI version 4.1

Last Update 19.4.22

Build- SP1A.210812.016/A528BXXS1CVD1

Baseband- A528BXXUiCVC4
Nova Launcher. Chrome browser.

My phone history (back to 1997!):

Huawei P30, P20, VF Smart V8, Note 4, S4, S2, Tocco Ultra, F490, P300, E250, RAZR v3, Timeport 250, A300, Star-Tac 

1 REPLY 1

Johnnie-Walker
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Yeah, I've been frustrated with the poor parental controls on routers for some time, I did purchase a HomeHalo router, however it requires a subscription and I started having issues with it not working correctly.

I then purchased a KoalaSafe router and it's fantastic, it's a complete doddle to setup and gives loads of controls to restrict the kids wifi time.

They cost £70 but that's a one off charge, I currently power mine form the routers USB port, and obviously only allow the kids to connect via the KoalaSafe router not my main router ( remember to change the default wifi password as kids are pretty sneaky and will just use the code on the back of the router to connect to wifi if they can! )