Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Broadband Username/Password

Nightfly
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

I'm due to start with Vodaphone broadband soon and wanted to confirm that the router still uses a password and ID to connect to the internet (I'm not talking about Wifi) and that this is not generic (like BT) but unique to each user so that only someone with my router can use my internet connection?

Although this has been discussed in other forum questions my router has arrived with a very generic looking broadband password on the back.

One of the reasons I am changing to Vodafone is that I was never comfortable with the idea that anyone with physical access my line could access my BT internet (we occaisionally holiday house swap).

Can someone please confirm that Vodafone users do have a unique password and ID installed in the router (which appears to be the Huawei model) and that without my router (or knowldege of my username and password) connection is not possible.?

Many thanks.

1 REPLY 1

MrWhite
10: Established
10: Established

Hi.  Yes, the username and password for the broadband connection resides within the Vodafone router.  It's hidden from the admin interface and can only be obtained by calling the support team.  I'm not sure if that particular username/password is tied to your property (i.e. if someone turned up with their own Vodafone router and plugged it in)