main_icn_My_Vodafone main_icn_Search main_icn_Chevron_right main_icn_Chevron_down main_icn_Close main_icn_Menu social-facebook social-google-plus social-linkedin social-twitter social-youtube main_icn_Community_or_Foundation main_icn_Location main_icn_Network_signal
Menu Toggle

Welcome to Vodafone Community

Broadband & Home Phone

Broadband dropping out

2: Seeker

Hi everyone,

Over the past few weeks we've been having continual problems with our Broadband dropping in and out. Does anyone know why this is happening?

Thanks

View more options
4 REPLIES
4: Newbie

I'm also having this problem - a few times a day the connection just kind of stops for about 30 seconds to a minute or two.

It's incredibly annoying.

I'm on a live chat at the moment - I know it's not their fault, they have a their script and they are probably being paid pennies... But they're completely useless.

View more options

Hi @PipefishUK and @Glowhallow, have you taken a look at our Broadband FAQs? It shows what to do to get the most of your router. If you've checked this and are still having problems, please let us know. 

View more options
4: Newbie

@Adam - Thanks, but I'm pretty certain it's not my router - or anything inside my house.

I've tried three different routers including the supplied one.

It's something to do with Vodafone and the actual connection. Vodafone have some very weird non-standard set-up for a large ISP.

Such as the bizarre issue with their DNS where random, totally innocuous, sites won't load and you have to change your DNS servers to fix it - which they must know about by now but don't seem bothered.

As with that, I've seen many people on this forum complain about these weird drop-outs, so I suspect someone knows what the problem is but for some reason it's not being addressed.

View more options
12: Established

If you have an HG612 connect that to the phone line instead of the Vodafone router. Power off the Vodafone router, remove the cover from the Wan ethernet port, use an ethernet RJ45 cable to connect the Vodafone router wan port to the HG612, power on Vodafone router and hopefully the broadband LED indicator on the top will eventually show a solid green. Other routers which can be set to bridge mode with VLan (802.1q) = 101 and priority (802.1p) = 2 can be used instead of the HG612

View more options