cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Broadband is available but not availble!

jensonyork
1: Seeker

Moving to a new house and want to sign up to fibre broadband with Vodafone. Online availability checker says no fibre availability in the area.

• OpenReach Where & When checker confirms the cabinet supplies FFTC fibre
  • Current occupiers have fibre
  • Other providers are able to quote and give fibre speed estimates
  • Other addresses on street (next door) show availability on Vodafone online checker

Phoned customer services and recounted above and there response of "fibre mustn't be installed in the area" wasn't too helpful :Smiling:

Anyone come across a similar situation and how did they resolve?

5 REPLIES 5

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

If you haven't yet it maybe beneficial to call the Broadband Team @jensonyork

08080 034 511 for broadband (free from all UK landlines and mobiles) with lines open between 8am and 8pm, seven days a week.

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

graham72
4: Newbie

Same here. Vodafone is the only ISP I cant get VSDL from. Talk Talk, Plusnet, BT, Post office, Zen, First Utility, Andrews & Arnold...... are all available.

Thread (read more) 

There's a difference between Openreach saying fibre is available and an ISP (Vodafone, Sky etc.).  For the former, Openreach have laid the fibre and installed a fibre cabinet next to an existing phone cabinet (PCP).  However, at the exchange, an ISP needs to have their own equipment (or buy bandwidth from BT Wholesale).  If they don't, then the availability checker may report 'fibre not available' for that ISP.

In this case, it may mean that Vodafone doesn't have its equipment in your exchange.  You can use samknows to check which providers have a presence at a particular exchange.

To the OPs point that neighbouring properties are showing as available.  It's possible there's an error in how Vodafone is using the availability data.  It's going to be difficult to persuade them otherwise as they won't be able to place an order.  

Yes, know / done all that. I doubt VF will put their LLU equipment in the exchange - I just find it odd that they don't piggy back on BT like they do in Doune. I'd have thought they want customers from as many exchanges as possible.

The cost to do that would be greater, so it may mean they would lose money when buying bandwidth from BTW