Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Broadband stopped working

Dhelectro
2: Seeker

Hi, 

my vodafone broadband was working but some sites and apps keep freezing on all platform i.e ios, android and window. So I called vodafone and customer service has suggested to use 2.4ghz and 5ghz channel at fixed number rather than auto. So that help little bit i mean 65% freezing issues are gone . It worked ok for few hours then my broadband stopped working. Router can’t find internet signal anymore. LED turned into red blinking LED. My broadband is not working anymore. I tried turning off for 10sec. as mentioned on router manual. But it doesn’t help. Vidafone waiting time is 3+ hours over a phone!!!! 

It would be nice if someone had similar issue in the past and comeout of such situation then please advice.

8 REPLIES 8

Peterfox88

Yeh mine has done the same, CS for the second time was quite frankly rude and didn’t want to help in the slightest! Mines been flashing red for hours now! And I never get the speed promised, I’m have to contact them near enough every week and they give me the same old crap of changing channels and activating the 5ghz through settings which don’t actually help! I’ll be looking for a new service very soon 

stevex
4: Newbie

I lost broadband connection a few hours ago. Flashing red and restarting the router doesn't help. Wonder if it's a network outage.

I’ve been in contact with CS and they confirm it’s an outage at the hub and engineers are working to fix the issue 

Helter77

Broadband down for me too, in Nuneaton, Midlands, since 1pm.

Got through on chat helpline, and told it was a local technical problem.

Seems to me, it's more than a local problem, based on all the reports on http://downdetector.co.uk/problems/vodafone

I've only been with vodafone broadband for 3 weeks, the first 2 weeks were lost with no internet at all, and now down for half a day .... with no idea as to when it's coming back up again.
I must admit, I've found the chat and telephone help line to be very poor. Today they said they'd email or telephone me when internet service comes back up, I'll be amazed if that actually happens, based on the poor service I've had from the helpdesks to date.

Mine has now returned and fully working 

That's good.
Mine's down still, approaching 6 hours now, 

Same here: working again now. I has to power cycle the router before it came back though.

Mine has just come back up too.