Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Broken Promises from Vodafone

Phoneless7weeks
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

I called Vodafone on 1st December to advise them I was moving house on 17th December.  I called the CS department on 18th December who told me they cancelled the order as they called me on 4th December 3 times and got no answer.  

So a CS department who cancel orders when they don't get an answer and no notification to their customers!  After numerous calls which might have well been to a brick wall I was told on Wednesday that my phone and broadband would be installed 100% yesterday and they said they guaranteed 100% it would be done.

Phone call yesterday that it wouldn't be done and now an email today that it would be done on 21st January, 51 days after I requested it due to moving address.  To make matters worse I am a home worker with no income as cannot do my job.  

Is my best approach ofcom then a solicitor due to the incompetence and loss of earnings?

13 REPLIES 13

Joe
4: Newbie

@Phoneless7weeks Hi there, that's definitely not the experience we'd want our customers to got through. We'd love to look in to this, I've sent a private message on how to contact us, so we can access your account securely. Joe

I've sent all the details in the form but judging by previous dealings, I'd be amazed if anyone at Vodafone actually does anything.  

@Phoneless7weeks One of our Broadband team will be back in touch as soon as they can. Hopefully we'll get this sorted once and for all for you. Joe

So all I've had is an email from A [Removed] asking me to quote a 4 digit number he says was sent to me!  I asked him how this was sent to me as I have no text, no emails and no messages with a 4 digit number.  It's like dealing with clowns from a circus.

Needless to say 24 hours after asking him, I have heard nothing.

MOD EDIT: This post has been edited to remove personal information please see Community Guidelines]

TJ
Community Manager (Retired)
Community Manager (Retired)

The four-digit PIN mentioned will have been sent out by text @Phoneless7weeks, I'm sorry if you didn't receive this.

Has someone been back in touch with you? If not, please let me know your email reference number - it'll look something like this [#1234567] and I'll chase this up for you.

EFT195 [#20224961

I finally got the text and replied with the 4 digit code 19 hours ago and heard nothing.

I can see we replied to your latest email regarding this @Phoneless7weeks. If you've any further queries, please reply to this and we'll be happy to help.

Well where do I start, forget the above complaint on moving to the address, that was nothing on trying to leave Vodafone.  I gave plenty of notice to leave vodafone in November 2019, I was told to call back later as I wanted to leave in January 2020 as we were moving to Spain for 4 months and turned into 6 months due to no ferries home.  I called back in December and told them to end the service on January 4th 2020 and actually told the operator that every dealings with Vodafone was a disaster and told him he would likely cut me off.  He assured me that was impossible and later in the conversation he burst out laughing and said he couldn't believe it, he had cut me off.  He assured me he would fix it but subsequently he didn't and I had no broadband or telephone line for around the last month before I moved.  As the first post stated, I worked for Axa insurance from home and therefore had no telephone to work from for 3 or 4 weeks, Vodafone gave me enough data for streaming TV etc.  I logged an official complaint going via CEO office and demanded they reconnect me but was basically told as I was leaving them then wouldn't   Then I received an email that I would receive a new router and be reconnected at end of December, I refused the router by email, the courier still turned up, I signed that I did not need the router as was leaving the house in 6 days.  Vodafone then tried to charge me my monthly charge for broadband whilst I was in Spain after I cancelled the direct debit.  It's only now that I have checked my credit reference as we required to rent a property that I notice Vodafone have this down as a deliquent debt and ruined my credit score.  We are currently living with my parents who are in their 80's and high risk to covid and desperate to move to this rental property next Friday.  I don't want to deviate too much but everytime someone touched my Vodafone account they made a total mess of things, in the dealings  with the complaints team, the last email I asked them to store all calls on December and received no further replies, I have a complaints reference number, I tried calling Vodafone and was told they couldn't deal with my case as there was a note on it that only complaints could deal, would have been nice to have received a reply after the initial logging of my complaint.  I should add I was paying for broadband at the address I left in the initial email for an  extra11 months, this was the issue, every time they cancelled that address it was cancelling the new address.   This is just a summary, I think I have to go to the media with this?

Adam
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi @Phoneless7weeks I'm not sure what the media could do with your query but we're happy to review your account if you believe you have been charged incorrectly with the dates and being disconnected etc. There really isn't a great deal I can say on the forum regarding your query as I can't see your account with the notes/calls/interactions etc. Do get in touch if you'd like us to investigate your account further, you can do this on social media to speak with our team directly.

Facebook - Vodafone UK

Twitter - @VodafoneUK