cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Call back promised for tomorrow morning. Place your bets please...

prs1000
12: Established

I have been a customer for a long time. Vodafone think its around 12 years although I think its nearer 20. Anyway, long enough  to have experienced their customer service ability many times.

In all  that time I have NEVER received a promised call back unless it was from a manager after I had complained.

On saturday I ordered an upgrade to my 38meg Fibre broadband to 78meg. I was told by the person who took my order that it should be sorted in 24 hours as I alrwady had a fibre connection. On Sunday I called when nothing had happened and was told it was due for activation on Monday. By 7:30 on Monday nothing had happened so I called back via chat. I was told the order was rejected by Open Reach. The advisor guessed it was due to no spare port being available. I asked to speak to a manager and was put through to a shift supervisor who confirmed the order was rejected. I asked why no one had thought to inform me but just got an apology. I was asked to call the activation  team which I did. Having sat in the queue for 50 minutes I gave up.

At 8am I called and got through. My order was still open but indeed had been rejected by OR. He cancelled my order and raised another one. He put me on hold and went off to speak to someone on the Acticvation team and returned to tell me he had asked for it to be done asap but it would be within 48 hours.

Even though the 48 hours were not up when I just called I wanted to know that there had not been another problem. Experience tells you not to sit and wait for Vodafone to do what they promise WHEN they promise to do it by. The advisor confirmed the order had not been rejected this time and they are "working on it". He did say that an activation takes between 48 and 76 hours to complete. Why do they over promise what isn't possible with 24 hour and 48 hours?

Anyway he has taken my mobile number and will check if the order has gone through in the morning. Then ( and here's the exciting bit) he will call me after 8am ( and before noon ).

Is this it? Is this the big one? Is this where I get a promised call back? 

So what do we think? Have Vodafone made improvements in customer service since I last had to complain? Complaining and chasing up Vodafone is a very draining experience. I usuallyget whatever service, discount or product I was promised in the first place but it really shouldn't be as hard as they have made it in the past.

I will report back in themorning. Hopefully I willbe using my new shiny 76meg fibre broadband.

7 REPLIES 7

prs1000

Update: There is still an hour or so before the deadline for the call back. I doubt he will call but there is a still a chance. However I have just received a call from the Activation team.  The guy was a little vague regarding what had gone wrong with the upgrade. "We won't go into the whys and wherefores". Sometimes the whys and wherefores are useful to underdtand why you're being dicked around and I take that as meaning someone screwed up.

He has put an activation through to go live tomorrow morning. 

My wife managed to get my time with Vodafone to at least 18 years. The week we met she remembers I was complaining to Vodafone! I was sitting her this morning thinking enough is enough and it is time to leave Vodafone. Mr Activation Team may just have saved the day but if there are further problems I am out of here.

Looks like I'm talking to myself on this one.

The prmosied call back never happened.

The broadband upgrade was due to go live any time after midnight. Nothing at noon. Do I get a notification when it's gone through?

So far it has taken a week to upgrade from 38meg to 76meg. Thats pathetic in anyone's book. 

DaneB
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

I apologise for the delay in our response @prs1000 and i'm disappointed to hear of your recent experience with us.

I've sent you a private message on how you can contact our team directly, so we can look into this with you.

prs1000

wrote:

I apologise for the delay in our response @prs1000 and i'm disappointed to hear of your recent experience with us.

I've sent you a private message on how you can contact our team directly, so we can look into this with you.

Thanks for the message although in your PM you say you are unable to help me on the forum. I'm sure you have been made aware that my complaint is being handled  by personnel higher up the chain so I'll leave it with them.

TJ
Community Manager (Retired)
Community Manager (Retired)

@prs1000 Please continue to keep us updated and don't hesitate to pop back to us, or complete the private message link if needed. We'll be more than happy to forward this to our Broadband team for you. 

prs1000

The upgrade has finally gone through. Now I need to wait to see what speeds I will get. I know if takes a few days for DLM to build the speed up.

My VF router page states I am synced at 54meg. Am I right in thinking this will (hopefully) change. When I was on the 38meg fibre my router always showed me synced at 40meg and that never changed.

DaneB
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Thanks for updating us @prs1000.

I'd advise that you keep an eye on the speeds you're receiving for the first 30 days of your connection. If you've any issues after this timeframe, please get in touch with us.