Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Cancelling Broadband Contract

Sidhogg
2: Seeker

Does anybody knows if I have to pay an early termination fee if I end my broadband contract within the first 30 days?

5 REPLIES 5

thecrius

I'm not sure about the cooling off period as I'm only evaluating signin in with Vodafone Fibre but usually the time is 14 days from the start of the service.

And that's also why every provider tells you that the first 10 days or so you shouldn't be concerned about issues as the service is under adjustment. It's a fat big lie.

A digital service is not like building a wood house in which the first years you get the wood to settle in. It's digital. Either it works or not works.

I doubt the cooling period that will allow you to leave without additional fees is 30 days long. You should check your contract with vodafone.

Thanks @thecrius for the info.

After an endless battle of phone calls I can confirm you can cancel your broadband within the 30 first days of your contract without having to pay a termination fee.

DaneB
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi @Sidhogg, there's no termination fee within the first 30 days because we give you the '30 day Network Guarantee'.

I'm disappointed to hear you're thinking of leaving, could I ask what the reason why?

Is there anything we can do to change your mind?

Hi @DaneB,

The reasons are as follow:

1. Although I signed for 76 Unlimited Fibre (for 24£/month) I couldn't have more than 3 devices at the same time because of connection problems.

2. When I decided to move in to a new place and bring Vodafone broadband with me, they shut me down 1 week before I was moving.

3. They promise me that a mobile broadband SIM card will arrive the next day so I can be covered for that week but it arrived 4 days later (so I had to spent 4 days with no internet connection at all).

4. At the end of the first month even when I have only used the broadband for 3 weeks I have, somehow, been charged for 46£

So no, you can't do nothing to change my mind.

TJ
Community Manager (Retired)
Community Manager (Retired)

@Sidhogg I'm sorry to hear about the problems you've had with your broadband service and apologise that we haven't been able to get everything resolved, we'll be sad to see you go 😢

Don't hesitate to get back in touch if you've got any other questions about cancelling your service, we'll be happy to help in anyway we can to make your move as simple as possible.