Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Compensation Following Ongoing Awful Fibre Service

evz2000
2: Seeker

So I’m looking for a little advice regarding the not surprising awful service from Vodafone, here’s a quick rundown of the issues:

• Started at the end of November last year, when I was called by their tele-sales to get me on to the new fibre deal.
  • During that call I was miss sold the product and told I would be getting the 76mbs service, however, this was not the case and the only reason I’d moved across was because they were faster than Sky (at the time)
  • I had to cancel that order and restart the process.
  • From the day the Vodafone service started, it’s been pretty much unusable, speeds vary from 0.3mbs to 4.5mbs, quite often not at all useable.
  • I spent 2 months with Vodafone telling me this was a problem my send, jumping through hoops before it finally got sent to the tech team.
  • Tech team called, told me they were updating something, would be sorted over the weekend, and closed my ticket.
  • Service still shocking, long story (and 4 tech tickets) short, about 3 weeks ago I was told that this would all be sorted with an equipment update in the exchange and I would be migrated to the new kit on the 18th of Feb.
  • Called today to get it sorted and was told it will be at least another 10 days.

So I REALLY don’t want to stay with Vodafone, I’ve never had worse service in my life, but they refuse to compensate you in any way until the problem is fixed.

I have put hours and hours in on the phone to sort this, had unusable service for 3 months, how the hell do I get some form of compensation for my time, breach of contract and most importantly the massive inconvenience?!

Any advise would be greatly appreciated!

2 REPLIES 2

TJ
Community Manager (Retired)
Community Manager (Retired)

@evz2000 I'm really sorry to hear about the issues you've been facing with your broadband and apologise that this has been going on for so long, I can completely understand your frustration.

If we offer any kind of compensation, we'll usually wait until the issues resolved - so we know how much to credit for the time the service hasn't been fully functional.

We'll be happy to forward your query along to our Broadband team. So we can do this I've sent you a private message with details on how to get in touch.

evz2000

So I’m looking for a little advice regarding the not surprising awful service from Vodafone, here’s a quick rundown of the issues:

• Started at the end of November last year, when I was called by their tele-sales to get me on to the new fibre deal.
  • During that call I was miss sold the product and told I would be getting the 76mbs service, however, this was not the case and the only reason I’d moved across was because they were faster than Sky (at the time)
  • I had to cancel that order and restart the process.
  • From the day the Vodafone service started, it’s been pretty much unusable, speeds vary from 0.3mbs to 4.5mbs, quite often not at all useable.
  • I spent 2 months with Vodafone telling me this was a problem my send, jumping through hoops before it finally got sent to the tech team.
  • Tech team called, told me they were updating something, would be sorted over the weekend, and closed my ticket.
  • Service still shocking, long story short, about 3 weeks ago I was told that this would all be sorted with an equipment update in the exchange and I would be migrated to the new kit on the 18th of Feb.
  • Called today to get it sorted and was told it will be at least another 10 days.

So I REALLY don’t want to stay with Vodafone, I’ve never had worse service in my life, but they refuse to compensate you in any way until the problem is fixed.

I have put hours and hours in on the phone to sort this, had unusable service for 3 months, how the hell do I get some form of compensation for my time, breach of contract and most importantly the massive inconvenience?!

Any advise would be greatly appreciated!