Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Connection dropping out constantly

JuliaL
1: Seeker

Evening,

My connection is absolutely abysmal on Fibre 38. There are daily dropouts, it's sluggish and struggles to stream NowTV or Netflix despite being twice the speed of my previous Sky package which handled it without incident.

Every time it's a pain even trying to login to the router itself, the software seems so buggy and with another 11 months left on my 18 month contract I'm at the point where I want to cancel it because I'm rarely receiving any service of note. 

Is there anybody else having this issue? It's happening both via Wi-fi & Ethernet and when you're paying £35 a month and at times receiving slower speeds than dialup days it's hugely frustrating. I tried swapping frequencies to 5ghz only but that stopped the Now Box from being able to connect so that's not an option. 

Many Thanks

1 REPLY 1

MrWhite
10: Established
10: Established

Can you check the following:

1. What's your connection speed - log in to the router to find this
  2. What's your download speed (via ethernet) - use speedtest.net or similar
  3. Is it losing connection with the exchage, i.e. does the PPP uptime reset when you lose connectivity?
  4. Have you ruled out any internal issues, so tried changing cables and connected to the test socket behind the master socket?

Apologies if you've tried these already.  There are a number of posts on the forum about disconnects, but these can be caused by a variety of issues.