main_icn_My_Vodafone main_icn_Search main_icn_Chevron_right main_icn_Chevron_down main_icn_Close main_icn_Menu social-facebook social-google-plus social-linkedin social-twitter social-youtube main_icn_Community_or_Foundation main_icn_Location main_icn_Network_signal
Menu Toggle

Welcome to Vodafone Community

Broadband & Home Phone

Constantly disconnecting DSL line

Highlighted
2: Seeker

Afternoon,

When trying to use the internet in any form through any device the router keeps getting the red light on the internet and doesn't function. 

This is infuriating as I could be trying to play online games, asking Alexa a question, streaming music, downloading documents for work, or trying to watch TV.

Is there any works going on in the Kilsby area which would cause this?

Many thanks,

Tom

View more options
3 REPLIES

Hey @Tommooooo, thanks for getting in touch. I'm sorry to hear you're having problems with your broadband and know how frustrating this must be. Have you managed to get this resolved since you contacted us last?

When you say you have a red light on your router is it stable, flashing or pulsing slowly? Let me know, as this might help to pin point where to problem lies. 

View more options
2: Seeker

Hey TJ,

So i've replaced the filter from the wall socket to the router to no avail, the router over the last two days is still pulsing red slowly on a regular basis and drops connection. Once back up to green 'working status' I then need to reconnect the DSL line.

I have left half of the household devices unconnected as the connection isn't stable, it's rather frustrating...

Does this help with any further investigation?

Super-cheers,

Tom

View more options

I think it's best to access your account and run some additional tests @Tommooooo, it could be that your router isn't provisioned correctly.

I've sent you a private message over with details on how to get in touch, so I can do this securely 👍

View more options