main_icn_My_Vodafone main_icn_Search main_icn_Chevron_right main_icn_Chevron_down main_icn_Close main_icn_Menu social-facebook social-google-plus social-linkedin social-twitter social-youtube main_icn_Community_or_Foundation main_icn_Location main_icn_Network_signal
Menu Toggle

Welcome to Vodafone Community

Broadband & Home Phone

Couple of minor problems...

SOLVED
View solved solution
Highlighted
3: Seeker

Just switched to Vodafone Home broadband, a LOT cheaper than BT, who were charging very silly money and wouldn't budge!

However...

I thought I was getting Caller ID with the new setup - I can't see any options for that so assumed it was included - we have not changed our phones (or filters for that matter, which are Openreach hard-wired at the main phone point) and the phones are Gigaset which are usually pretty good. So far, every call marked as 'External', which is what the unit does when it can't detect a number (as opposed to 'Unknown Caller') so it 'aint working'.

Also, whenever I try and do anything on the portal, it asks for a 6 digit number - I understand this is for security, it's just that whenever the home phone rings and speaks out the 6 digit number, it is ALWAYS rejected, every single time.

cheers for now.

View more options
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
17: Community Champion

Hi @broadband_dad

That's great Vodafone has supplied a service at a good price.  

In regards to Caller ID looking at the following support page it is supplied at £1 a month. 

homephone-features so it maybe a case of phoning the Dedicated Broadband Team via their number in Contact-us to ask them about that and your other minor issue. 

I wish you all the best with this situation. 

Current Phone > Samsung Note 9 512Gb > Model: SM-N960 Duos.

Samsung Gear s3 Frontier Watch.

View more options
5 REPLIES
17: Community Champion

Hi @broadband_dad

That's great Vodafone has supplied a service at a good price.  

In regards to Caller ID looking at the following support page it is supplied at £1 a month. 

homephone-features so it maybe a case of phoning the Dedicated Broadband Team via their number in Contact-us to ask them about that and your other minor issue. 

I wish you all the best with this situation. 

Current Phone > Samsung Note 9 512Gb > Model: SM-N960 Duos.

Samsung Gear s3 Frontier Watch.

View more options

OK, will have to give them a call as although there are a few calling features you can turn-on online, caller display isn't one of them - I has assumed it was included in the 'anytime' plan.

As for logging on, that seems to have sorted itself

cheers,

View more options

I'm glad that your online accounts decided to fix itself @broadband_dad 😆

Did you manage to get in touch with our Broadband team? If not, we'll also be more than happy to get your Caller display option applied for you.

I've sent you a private message with details on how to get in touch with us directly, if you'd like us to do this.

View more options

Yes had an online chat wth someone - they say they've turned it on and set the billing up - not working as yet but I guess it isn't instant.

thanks!

View more options
12: Established

Ofcom have decreed that caller ID should be free from October 2018.

View more options