Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Daytime Slowdowns?

roblawton
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

New customer here looking for some help, advice or confirmation to what I’m experiencing. 

Router is connected at around 73MB and initially completing speed tests over Wi-Fi I’ll get around 68-70MB. 

Perfect...

However, over the last few days I’ve noticed that during the day my speeds drop to around 20-30MB. Last night I was testing the speed all night and only until around 11pm/midnight would it jump back up to the usual high speed. 

Does everyone else experience this? I was under the impression that there was no or limited traffic management with Vodafone BB. 

Many suggestions on a way to resolve or is this a case of calling support...?

Thanks all in advance. 

2 REPLIES 2

SimonWilding
16: Advanced member
16: Advanced member

How long have you had the service? It's not unusual for speeds to fluctuate for about a couple of weeks while the provider tests the line/connection and seeks the best possible speed.

It's happened to me with Sky in the past and when I got me VF broadband a month ago the same thing hapened for a couple of weeks then it got stable and consistent. 

If it's been longer than that try changing to a different wifi-channel using the app, if neighbours are using the same channel that can affect the speed you get. 

Samsung A52S 5G - SM-A528B/DS

Android Version - 12 One UI version 4.1

Last Update 19.4.22

Build- SP1A.210812.016/A528BXXS1CVD1

Baseband- A528BXXUiCVC4
Nova Launcher. Chrome browser.

My phone history (back to 1997!):

Huawei P30, P20, VF Smart V8, Note 4, S4, S2, Tocco Ultra, F490, P300, E250, RAZR v3, Timeport 250, A300, Star-Tac 

Just to provide an update, I was on the phone to support about something unrelated and asked them about this issue. 

They told me to soft reset the router (remove power, hold down power button then reconnect power) and it’s shot back up to 69MB!

So must have been an anomaly or because I’m 10 day’s into my service.