Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Disgraceful broadband

Waraiotoko
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Don't know where to start. 

Since joining Vodafone in 2016 it's been nothing but problems. Switched in June, activated in July 2016 for a 18 month conteact, then roughly 4 days before Christmas 2016 the internet just vanishes and doesn't come back on.

Apparently we stopped paying for it so they cancelled our subscription which is a lie as we paid on time everytime. Countless phone calls to support and was passed through everyone with the same response "I don't know why your subscription was cancelled and why payment wasn't taken".

Not only did they cancel our sub for no reason they also lost our original phone number we've had at home since we moved in. 

The only response I got was need to make another contract and give another phone line.

Reluctantly accept as they kept guaranteeing us our 76mb connection and minimum it will ever be is 50.

Not once have we ever reached those speeds.

Fast forward to last night.

Come home and the internet just stops working, just a normal drop out which I've got use to happening.

When it finally came back on the router was synching at 38mbps like it has been all year (thanks) but is it Wi-Fi on all frequencies available and Ethernet tests all come back with the same result. I'm now getting a wonderful 41kbps to 100kbps. Yeh you read that right...kbps.

Sat up till 5 am trying to sort it out with restarts and reconnection and testing and today still no improvement.

Checked the Vodafone broadband availability in my area and all of a sudden it's not available..

So what am I supposed to do now?

Let you all guess how I feel right now because after being guaranteed etc and bombarded with advertisements about guaranteed speeds...heh

2 REPLIES 2

robmar0se
4: Newbie

Its easy to be wise afterwards, really shouldn't have this hassle.  I was thinking of Vodafone, my existing provider has been 99.99% rock solid - I won't go near to Vodafone when I read these boards.  You have every sympathy

here is what I would do:

If you're no longer in a contract longer than one month, select your new provider, and switch.  If you are still in a longer contract, then:

The first thing to do is review the original letter/email, and see what the minimum speed they gauaranteed.  If your speed  is l;ess than that then  you have the right to cancel without any fee; you may need to document your emails/telcon's to back up that you have given Vodafone plenty of opportunity to resolve the problems - get yr speed levels here, worth getting a batch of speeds as one won't suffice.

http://www.speedtest.btwholesale.com/

also do this test which is what you should get, but Vodafone often give a lower minimum (VDSL Range B low usually) - 

https://www.btwholesale.com/includes/adsl/adsl.htm

If your problems are not just seped but drop outs/no connections, then your records are important.  If Vodafone are still difficult, then fill in their complaint form. 

https://www.vodafone.co.uk/vodafone-uk/complaints/form/

you can also contact Ofcom who talk a lot more sense than Vodofone CS - 0300 123 3333  - they'r getting a lot of com plaints re Vodafone I gather.

TJ
Community Manager (Retired)
Community Manager (Retired)

Oh no, I'm really sorry to hear about the experience you've had so far with your broadband @Waraiotoko. We'll be more than happy to take a look into these slow speeds and drop outs for you. It's also very strange that it's no longer showing you're eligible for our services 🤔

So our Broadband team can access your account and contact you directly, I've sent you a private message with details on how to get in touch.