main_icn_My_Vodafone main_icn_Search main_icn_Chevron_right main_icn_Chevron_down main_icn_Close main_icn_Menu social-facebook social-google-plus social-linkedin social-twitter social-youtube main_icn_Community_or_Foundation main_icn_Location main_icn_Network_signal
Menu Toggle

Welcome to Vodafone Community

Broadband & Home Phone

Don't support staff read tickets?

5: Helper

Having had a ticket open with FV Clown Central for months, the latest reply is:

We'd like to send you a new router - this is after I have just told them that I've tried 2 of their routers (the second one was only sent out about a month ago) and my own, and the issues persist.

The entire ticket reads:

"Thanks for those details Matthew, we appreciate you taking the time to send those images to us and will need to raise a new fault with our Technical Team to look over this.

Before we do this please let us know what speeds you saw with the 3rd party router connected as we can look to issue a replacement router free of charge as the next step to see if this resolves the issue."

VF certainly know how to annoy their customers!

View more options
6 REPLIES
4: Newbie

I don't think they actually have that many technical staff if you think about it historicly they have been doing simple admin things helping people set pins and insert sim cards I doubt they're training people on mass to fault find routers. if it's not the router or your internal wiring then the only people that can fix it are BT openreach I think. Worst case scenario switch to BT they will probably sort it.

View more options

@mbames Hi there, we'd be more than happy to look in to your fault for you. I've sent you a private message on how to get in touch so we can access your details securely. Joe

View more options

Joe,

We have already been round this route - several times.  After spending weeks recording speed tests results in safe mode you guys come back and say "your line is syncing at 80, so there is no issue".

VF - helping the drinking industry in Dry January!

View more options

@mbames the reason I responded is as an ex Tech 2 employee, no customer should have been sent two routers to try and hope it would fix the issue. As you've also tried your own router, we've pretty much eliminated the routers as an issue. If you do want us to look at this further, please message us on the link I sent and I do understand your frustration on this.

View more options
Highlighted

Thanks for the reply Joe.  It can be really frustrating at times - I work in the computer industry so sadly when I 'call in' for support I've already been through all the necesary troubleshooting at home.  I do understand there is a need to work through a script though.

I have another tech 2 ticket raised (after I phoned up), rather than the ticket raised via these forums which seemed to result in a new router and endless tests.  I've got one more day of speedtests to send in and then hopefully they'll have enough evidence.  To me it looks like some routes are poor / under massive load and may thing thread downloads (say MSDN iso images and the like) are really being squeezed, and instead of 60+Mbps, I see 2Mbps!  All used to be fine, so either VF has massively over sold, or they are mucking about with routing to try and save money.

Fast.com is reporting a storming download of 6.4Mbps currently, but last night was around 1.6Mbps, although the line is syncing at 80/20, where as the upload is 17Mbps.  Slightly embrassing when the upload speed is multiple times faster than the download!

View more options

Please continue to keep us updated @mbames. If you do need any further help, please feel free to get in touch via the private message @Joe sent to you. 

View more options