cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Engineer was supposed to come yesterday, didn't turn up, told he would come today....

Kevin1148
1: Seeker

Hi,

Very angry here.  Took a day off of work yesterday for the engineer to come for my scheduled visit - he didn't turn up.

Called vodafone and they told me he was now coming on the 19th (today) - phoned up work and took another UNPAID day off.

Got a text about 20 mins ago saying now they are coming on the 27th!!! 

Called vodafone again and they are saying there is nothing they can do - I'm sorry that is not good enough.   I paid £60 and have had 2 unpaid days off now at £118 per day - and now have to have another day off next week.  Why would someone tell me 19th when it wasn't possible? 

I have recorded all the calls and I don't get anywhere with customer service.  She didn't care that I said I would be better off to cancel and going back to Sky (which I recommend everyone does all the way, zero issues with sky in my previous 3 years).  

So my question/s is,

A) Who do i write to to claim loss of earning for 2 days due to the fault of Vodafone?

B) Why do advisors lie and tell you a date when the date is not confirmed with Openreach (as the advisor just told me)  I wouldnt have had the day off today if not told they were coming today!

C) How do I claim back my 60 pounds installation fee?  

D) If I don't get a satisfactory resolution, what number can I dial that doesn't keep me on hold for 45 mins so I can cancel and go back to sky??

1 REPLY 1

Carly
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi @Kevin1148

Sorry to hear that the appointment dates were changed at last minute, I understand that must have been very frustrating for you.

If it's an Openreach engineer coming out, it's an appointment that's provided by them directly. Sometimes this may change due and customers will be informed via text.

To discuss the issue with your activation, pop along and speak to the Broadband Live Chat team for advice.