Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Fault when Uploading anything on Vodafone Broadband

mattblue
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hi All,

I have this problem for months now and tech 2 have basically said there is nothing more they can do, it is this.

Download is never affected however if I start to upload any files to anywhere the main upload will continue however any other service that needs to use that upload stream fails.

As soon as the upload stops all goes back to normal.

If run a tracert I get to my default gateway and no further out, stop the upload and it gets out to the internet.

Same happens with Ping resolves fine when not uploading but times out when I do.

I have used ethernet devices, wi-fi devices and also taken everything out of the router and disabled Wi-Fi plugged a laptop in using safe mode and then ran an upload. Same issues again.

Basically any services that requires the upstream fails when uploading.

I have had a new router, line tests, factory resets and using the test socket and still the same.

Any ideas because Im out and so are Tech 2 it would seem

1 REPLY 1

MrWhite
10: Established
10: Established

The Vodafone router has no QoS settings, so it could be possible that whatever you're uploading hogs the bandwidth until it has finished.  You could try using some software on a laptop to throttle the bandwidth used (at least for testing) and see if that makes any difference.