Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Firmware downgrade

Jamieshields
2: Seeker

Last night connect router downgraded to previous version. Did anyone else experience this?

11 REPLIES 11

Jamieshields

Contacted support and they have confirmed a downgrade is in progress. With a new firmware due in two weeks. At least my Hue works now :Smiling: 

Becca_P
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@Jamieshields

Thanks for letting us know you've contacted us.

We're glad to hear that your query has been answered.

If you need anything else, please don't hesitate to get in touch.

@Becca_P wrote:

@Jamieshields

If you need anything else, please don't hesitate to get in touch.

Becca - Really helpful if you could provide a Changelog showing what's different with the new firmware release!

Does it include the option to run in "Modem Only" Bridge mode???

Les_Parry

I downgraded mine this afternoon. It is now 5.4.8.1.271.1.59, I used the 'Firmware update' in the router config pages.

The router has problems in that not all router config pages display, particularly the wifi page 'General'.  It just shows the top banner and the side menu but no info.  'settings' says that the wifi is disabled, therefore I cannot edit any settings. The Wifi is not disabled and 2.4GHz is fine, however the 5GHz band vanished around a week or so ago.

I have factory reset the router but it has made no difference.

My wifi scanner app on my phone shows another Vodafone router in range (just) and I also no longer see its 5GHz signal (I have seen it previously).

I hope that the new firmware solves the current problems.

... And after a power failure at home this morning the router is now working correctly, the setup pages are all working and the 5GHz band is back.

Alex
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@Les_Parry Thanks for letting us know. :smileyhappy:

Good to see everything has returned back to normal for you! 

Same with me. So Vodafone - what is going on? Would be nice if you would tell us what is up. And either fix problems that have been known for many months or let us use our own router, since you don't seem to be able to provide one that does.

Carly
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@abjabj

Using your own router is not something that we support, we're unable to provide any usernames or passwords to do this. 

Have you contacted the Broadband team at all?

New firmware 5.4.8.1.291.1.30.1.19 released recently. I manually found and installed it a few minutes ago (midday 28/6/17) and it has addressed the issue that has annoyed me the most for the longest time (WiFi and wired devices not able to see each other).

Release notes and an announcement would be helpful, instead of waiting for folks like me to do the work for Vodafone.