Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Fixed the disconnects myself - shared thoughts

Daviddabest
4: Newbie

Hi all,

After daily disconnects since joining Vodafone and none with Sky for 3years running... there simply could not be a line fault, it’s the same line after all.

Anyway I’ve purchased a new vdsl router combo and my internet has been rock solid for 24 hours!

not one disconnect and I’m maxing out my wifi at the modem sync rate 5m away from the router.

In this time I would have had at leat 3 disconnects minimum from the supplied VF Connect router.

Sadly the sync speed is the same, but what do you expect when you get a few million customers join in 2 months due to the no line rental offer? Everyone is having throughput slowness at peak times due to over subscription on the current VF servers. Once capacity has been increased speed will follow with it. Vodafone have been at fibre a lot less time that the big companies.

Conclusion - Im now a very happy Vodafone customer 🙂 

Since simply replacing the router, maybe the Connect was faulty who knows....

4 REPLIES 4

blimpyboy
3: Seeker

How did you get the username/password details ?

Hi,

I asked on live chat for them and they gave them me. I was under the impression this is how it’s been done for the last few months?

onstat

Which router did you go for?

Ive been getting about 10 disconnects per day since I joined and Im sick of it.  Pretty much everything has been replaced on my line except the router

Hi,

The Netgear D7800 which is currently on offer everywhere @ £199.99

Its on the openreach approved list too , so far (3 days and no disconnects)

they also do another the D7000 but I needed the better WiFi on the D7800