Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Gaming LAG

JayUK9779
1: Seeker

Hi I am a newby but really hoping soemone can help me, I play an online game that supports 22 connections. when there is say 5-9 connections the game runs great.  Howvere when the match up has 22 connections on I get kicked almost everytime. I am pretty sure its the router or isp that can not sustain the connection. i have 35 mpbs and upload of 5mbps.  NAT type 2 on playstation,  I have enabled DMZ created static ip address no change. I was previously with BT an this never happened.

1 REPLY 1

MrWhite
10: Established
10: Established

Hi,

A couple of things,

1.  Your upload of 5Mbps, seems low for a download connection of 35Mbps, so there could be an issue there

2.  Are you hosting the 22 connections?  If so, this is where the upload speed is key so you may not have enough bandwidth.

3.  With DMZ on, you need to place your device in the DMZ for it to be effective.

4.  Try looking at the ltency you have - pinging different services - google, bbc etc. to see what the latency is on our connection

5.  When the issue occurs, do a speedtest and see if you're getting the speeds you're expecting.