Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

High FEC Corrections and CRC errors on upstream

willink
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Can anyone advise if FEC upstream corrections increasing 3000 every 3 seconds is normal...  Just about to clock 100 million in 2 days.

I'have had dropouts of IM clients (not broadband connection though) since my line moved from BT to Vodafone.. BT on Fibre has been stable for years before the move.

Even disabling wireless on the router, connecting only 1 laptop to the physical port and having no internet activity there is still a 200 per 3 second increase...

This says to me something is wrong somewhere... CRC error count is 8775 after 2 days as well, downstream looks good 6 corrections and no CRC errors...

I woudl prefer to use my HG612 and synology router rather than this connect piece of crap. or at least for a test to rule out hardware fault. Was told it would go in modem mode by vodafone store when I agreed to move over and that's not available either.

Spoke to VF support, as much use as a chocolate teapot... so hoping someone in the community has seen these high errors before, or maybe someoen from vodafone but I won't hold my breath...

305 REPLIES 305

DaneB
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@willink

That's a great question.

I shall investigate this query further for you.

I'll be back in touch with an answer in due course.

DaneB
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@willink

Just an update.

I'm still looking into your issue at the moment.

In the meantime you can call our Broadband team on 08080 034 515 or speak with them on Live Chat for any further assistance.

DaneB
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@willink

I've sent you a private message with details on how to get in touch.

For anyone else with the same issue, try the steps listed here and if you’re still affected, contact customer service.

Hi Dane,

I'm experiencing the same exact problem as the person above described. Can you kindly help me out as well? FEC count is going mad, growing by an obscene amount every minute (about 100.000 every 10 seconds). This translates into frequent upload drops for me as far as I can tell.

I've had a chat with the broadband team and they leave a lot to be desired. The person I spoke to said they had no training into what FEC Count was, gave me a speed test to do that was programmed in Adobe Flash and when they agreed that there was a problem, said they couldn't transfer me to the Tech 2 team at this time and to contact again tomorrow. When I asked for a case number they said they couldn't provide one and I don't want to spend another 40 minutes tomorrow running speed tests again. 

All the best, 

Justin

Alex
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@taranasus Apologies for the delay in reaching your post. 

Please contact us using the information in the private message I've sent. 

I have the same FEC problem, your reply has no link to "try the suggestions here" 

Alex
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@EricHill I've sent you a private message with details on how to get in touch.

Yet another customer experiencing upstream errors currently. Also my actual speed is lower than the minimum guaranteed speed of 64Mbps quoted in my letter from Vodafone??? (Service went live 11th July)

vodafone firmware is 5.4.8.1.291.1.30.1.19

DSL Mode
VDSL
G.993.5 (VDSL)
Bit rate
  DownstreamUpstream
Actual data rate45805 (Kbps.)17256 (Kbps.)
Operating data
  DownstreamUpstream
SNR Margin6.6 dB6 dB
Loop Attenuation17.6 dB21.7 dB
Error counter
Indicator nameDownstreamUpstream
FEC Corrections10872891298609
CRC Error1073535

Carly
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi @odyseus10

Sorry to hear that you're having issues with the broadband speeds.

Just so we can rule out a master socket issue. Can you please pop off the front face plate on the master socket? This may be either clipped or screwed on, you can unscrew this and test the socket inside.

Once you've got this connected, please complete another speed test and let us know the outcome.

Thanks