Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

High FEC Corrections and CRC errors on upstream

willink
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Can anyone advise if FEC upstream corrections increasing 3000 every 3 seconds is normal...  Just about to clock 100 million in 2 days.

I'have had dropouts of IM clients (not broadband connection though) since my line moved from BT to Vodafone.. BT on Fibre has been stable for years before the move.

Even disabling wireless on the router, connecting only 1 laptop to the physical port and having no internet activity there is still a 200 per 3 second increase...

This says to me something is wrong somewhere... CRC error count is 8775 after 2 days as well, downstream looks good 6 corrections and no CRC errors...

I woudl prefer to use my HG612 and synology router rather than this connect piece of crap. or at least for a test to rule out hardware fault. Was told it would go in modem mode by vodafone store when I agreed to move over and that's not available either.

Spoke to VF support, as much use as a chocolate teapot... so hoping someone in the community has seen these high errors before, or maybe someoen from vodafone but I won't hold my breath...

305 REPLIES 305

My 
Firmware-Version: 5.4.8.1.291.1.30.1.19

has been rock solid since January 7th, been rubbish for almost exactly 12 mo before that. 

Nothing at all changed on the router, no dual WiFi, no wired connection. It’s just working still rocking 10crc per hour on average and 4K FEC per hour. That’s what a normal range should look like. 

TJ
Community Manager (Retired)

@frugal I'm sorry to hear about the problems you've been having with your broadband speeds.

I can see that you've already had a couple of engineer visits and have been speaking with our Broadband team. I've sent you a private message with details on how to get in touch, so we can get this passed along to them via email too.

I spoke too soon, it’s gone pop again. 

100k FEC errors per second. 

:Sad_face:

TJ

@dandymon I'm sorry to hear that you're having the same problems again. You can get back in touch with the team via email, or recontact us using the form @Mark sent out via private message previously.

Please continue to keep us updated and let us know how you get on.

Hi I'm having the same drop out issues. Please could I get a private message? :Smiling:

Thanks

@danielrabbitt01 So we can help with your issue, please contact us by following the directions in this private message.

Hi,

I'm also having an awful time with fec errors. Any help appreciated 😊 screenshot attached.

DaneB
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi @Ejsime - I've sent you a private message on how to contact our team directly. 

You could try a third party router the Vodafone supplied one isnt so great at dealing with noise on the lines and you will also benefit from more stable wifi if you have more than 7 or 8 devices on the go at once!

Is that possible? I have another I could try! Where do I find the login info? Ta