Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

High FEC Corrections and CRC errors on upstream

willink
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Can anyone advise if FEC upstream corrections increasing 3000 every 3 seconds is normal...  Just about to clock 100 million in 2 days.

I'have had dropouts of IM clients (not broadband connection though) since my line moved from BT to Vodafone.. BT on Fibre has been stable for years before the move.

Even disabling wireless on the router, connecting only 1 laptop to the physical port and having no internet activity there is still a 200 per 3 second increase...

This says to me something is wrong somewhere... CRC error count is 8775 after 2 days as well, downstream looks good 6 corrections and no CRC errors...

I woudl prefer to use my HG612 and synology router rather than this connect piece of crap. or at least for a test to rule out hardware fault. Was told it would go in modem mode by vodafone store when I agreed to move over and that's not available either.

Spoke to VF support, as much use as a chocolate teapot... so hoping someone in the community has seen these high errors before, or maybe someoen from vodafone but I won't hold my breath...

305 REPLIES 305

Ross
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi @gipjon! There's no external email or contact number for our Technical team, however our advisers Social Media have direct contact with them. If you get in touch with one of us over the avenues mentioned above, we'll be able to help and be a point of contact for the Technical team. Ross   

I'm having the exact same problem, sync speeds are dropping by the day and 10s of millions of FECs errors showing on the upstream. Can someone advise how I get in touch with Tech2 to resolve? I'm not on Facebook or Twitter so I'd rather not have to create accounts specially there to get in contact with them.

Note I am on my second router and both have exhibited the same problem.

It's shocking that this has been going on for 3 years without a proper fix, I'm synching at a good 10Mb less than when I originally signed up and what I was getting with BT so it is having a real impact.

Loz
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@FastShow I'm sorry you're experiencing issues with your sync speeds and they're dropping regularly - I know how frustrating this can be for you. Apologies you don't have a Twitter or Facebook account to contact us and you're unhappy to set one up to reach out to us.

You can contact us to discuss this further by calling 191, free from your Vodafone mobile or 08080 034 515 for Home Broadband support (free from all UK landlines and mobiles). Alternatively, you can contact our dedicated Live Chat team. I'm sorry for any inconvenience that's been caused by this.

I'm still getting these problems and I have to say that tech support were not helpful at all as they did not solve the actual problem by sending me a 3rd party router to sort this issue out.

It's clearly a widespread issue, so it baffles me as to why this hasn't been fully investigated and fixed. 

On top of that, not all websites load, and FaceTime/Whats App video calling is very unreliable. They work fine when I switch to Vodafone's mobile signal. 

Loz
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@Gerry_Atric It's disappointing to hear our Technical team haven't been helpful with the issues you're facing, I'd love the opportunity to turn around your experience and investigate further. Please get in touch via Facebook at Vodafone UK, or contact us on Twitter using the handle @VodafoneUK. Please remember to include the link to this thread, along with your username.

I don't use either of those platforms. Happy to give this another go through another channel if possible.

gipjon
16: Advanced member
16: Advanced member

what is the point of this forum if you have to use facebook etc , what a load of sh-t ,why cant the forum staff just do what they are paid to to do and help people

Colleen
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@Gerry_Atric That's absolutely fine 😊 The other options would be to speak to us via 191 or Live Chat - please pop a message over so our dedicated team can help you further. If there's anything else you need once you've spoken with them, please don't hesitate to let us know. 

@gipjon The team who work here on the Community forum are the same people who manage our Twitter and Facebook channels. It's really important to us that we keep our customers details safe. If we feel we'll need to access an account, we'll invite the customer in so we can help them in a safe and secure way. 

@Siygess Thanks for agreeing to do this. I've sent you a private message with the details I need and where to find them on the GUI. If you can ask in the email to send me the attachment so I can get them off to 3rd line. Once again thanks in advance. Joe

As above, Adam - any suggestions?

vodafone-errors.PNG