2: Seeker

Hi, I noticed a high amount of FEC corrections and wondered if this was normal:

image.png

Anyhelp would be appreciated.

4 REPLIES 4

TJ
Community Manager (Retired)
Community Manager (Retired)

@poggers001 Do you seem to have a stable connection? What are your speeds like?

The best team to contact would be our Broadband Live Chat team, they'll be happy to run diagnostics and see if there's anything that could improve the amount of FEC errors, such as a firmware update. 

Let us know what they advise and don't hesitate to pop back to us 🙂

@TJwrote:

@poggers001 Do you seem to have a stable connection? What are your speeds like?

The best team to contact would be our Broadband Live Chat team, they'll be happy to run diagnostics and see if there's anything that could improve the amount of FEC errors, such as a firmware update. 

Let us know what they advise and don't hesitate to pop back to us 🙂

The speeds are 70 mbps down and 18 up.

The line disconnects every  10 to 12 hours. Quicker if download.

I will try the live chat.

Tried live chat and called for support but they have no idea what I akm taling about.

As the speed seems ok they don't much care but it is nw starting to drop which is what I was afraid off.

Trying to work out what could cause fec corrections on the upstream only. Any ideas?

Much of it really depends on how quickly that counter is increasing.  Modest numbers are probably 'normal', but higher numbers could means there line instability.  If it's not affecting your speeds etc., then nothing to worry about as the errors are being handled.  There are other posts on the forum though relating to very high FEC counts and possibly pointing to an issue with the router/firmware, but nothing conclusive.