Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Home Broadband - Static IP address?

Abdul201588
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hello everyone. We recently moved to vodafone becuase it was cheap. Now, after changing the settings on the router I noticed multiple static ip in the settings. I wondering how do I set it up? is there a fee?  I'd like also ask if it is possible if I could setup a PTR to my domain?

Cheers. :Laughing_Face:

9 REPLIES 9

Mark
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Abdul201588 So we can help create a static IP address for you, please contact us by following the instructions in this private message.

I have been waiting for static IP on my business broadband for 21 days now.. !!

It should be 24h everytime I called.. its a joke

Signing up with different IP before my 30days period ends... fed up of lies/excuses/apollogies and false promises

btw Apparently Reverse DNS is only possible with block of static IP's

TJ
Community Manager (Retired)

I'm really sorry to hear you're having so much trouble getting your Static IP set up @MartinJ and completely understand your frustration. This should have been a quick fix and I apologise that you've been given the run around.

So we can get everything resolved for you as soon as possible, I've sent you a private message with details on how to get in touch.

We'll forward this to our Broadband team and they'll be in contact as soon as they can 🙂

Same here.  Requested yesterday, told 24 hours.  Can see the button in my Vodafone.  Tick to on, it says it’s switched it on and will email me when done) which cus service already said had been done.  Reload page the switch is off again.  24 hours now elapsed and up address still changing on every connection.

TJ

Please keep us updated and let us know if your Static IP address is applied @Resonate.

If not, feel free to pop back to us and we'll be happy to investigate further for you 😊

No, 2 calls later still no good.

TJ

That's not what we like to hear @Resonate, I'm sorry we've not been able to get you a Static IP set up.

So we can forward this to our Broadband team for further investigation, I've sent you a private message with details on how to get in touch.

Soofla
10: Established
10: Established

If you're on a business broadband package you should be able to request a block of IP addresses and once allocated, PTR records.

If you're on a home broadband package then you should be able to request a single static IP, however as with any home package from any ISP, you would not get any PTR records.

you can have block if static IP for extra £7.5 +VAT on business broadband only.